ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME WEEK -- Penn State vs. West Virginia

Headlines like this are discouraging:

If Trey Wallace and Liam Clifford are Drew Allar’s top targets, Penn State’s offense is in trouble​

Julian Fleming has struggled to establish himself in Andy Kotelnicki's offense since arriving in Happy Valley, so the pressure is on Harrison Wallace III and Liam Clifford to perform for Drew Allar.

By Josh Yourish | Aug 24, 2024​

Looks like they canceled school on Friday (public school) and scheduled a stripe out for the game. WVUs Super Bowl.

Pat predicted a victory and a playoff berth. They took it to heart.

The WVU fans I know have been quiet so far, but I've not prompted them.

-Tengwall said Mulbah tires easy from his experience.
-he notes Greene's comp % is "Terrible"
-run game won't be as strong as last year without "future 12 year starter Frazier" (Tengwall is a Steelers fan)
-thinks we go 4-3 more than 4-2 early (subbing Dom for Zakee)
-sounds like Donkoh is starting at RT, he DOES NOT like splitting reps plan (said he did, said you get no rhythm)
-young OL, pound the rock. Easier to maul then pass block
-PSU 9-0 when Allen runs for 90+ yards

Reactions: PSU4U
Looks like they canceled school on Friday (public school) and scheduled a stripe out for the game. WVUs Super Bowl.

There’s sending a message about what’s really important. Cancel school on Friday because there’s a football game on Saturday.

There’s sending a message about what’s really important. Cancel school on Friday because there’s a football game on Saturday.
It's a holiday weekend. Some schools in West Virginia have off tomorrow just like some schools in PA have off tomorrow, including my local school district. Pretty sure we didn't cancel school because we play West Virginia on Saturday.

It's a holiday weekend. Some schools in West Virginia have off tomorrow just like some schools in PA have off tomorrow, including my local school district. Pretty sure we didn't cancel school because we play West Virginia on Saturday.

They should have though!

I thought that was Smolik in the video, but I wasn't sure.

Good news on Saunders. And the forecast is getting better. Rain probably won't hit until after 4pm.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Interesting thoughts but the authorities in WVA specifically cited game weekend traffic as the reason to call off school in the county. This happened after Fox said they'd have their show there at noon on Saturday. I am not sure what is going on Friday but there are obviously a lot of activities.

Interesting thoughts but the authorities in WVA specifically cited game weekend traffic as the reason to call off school in the county. This happened after Fox said they'd have their show there at noon on Saturday. I am not sure what is going on Friday but there are obviously a lot of activities.

McAfee is doing his show in Morgantown Friday, so it's basically a state holiday before the game on a national holiday weekend. Lol

I firmly believe Trey Wallace is an absolute STUD and the only question is his health. If healthy, he’ll be a beast.

That said, we still need another guy to step up. A lot of guys who are capable and have opportunity, but we’ll see who can rise to the occasion.

I know people like to joke around but lets not act like WVU hasn't had a big home game before. It's just been awhile.
Here is a factoid about Friday: Monongalia County Schools has decided to close all of its schools on Friday, Aug. 30 “due to the anticipated traffic congestion.” In a Facebook post, the school district said that it made the decision after consulting the MECCA 911 center and local law enforcement.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT