ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Unidirectional Flow

maxxedout

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2016
Sweetest Place on Earth
Does anyone know how to guesstimate where you will be generally parked depending on which direction you enter town?

I have, in the past, driven from the south (up 322), but my wife and I are planning to go to Philipsburg to see family Friday with the hopes that we won’t have to wait in as bad of traffic. Where will we be parked coming from the west?

In a similar situation. I want to get into town so my son can get to Gameday. But, I'm supposed to meet friends at CC Peppers at 12:30.
I'm thinking we will be fighting traffic west on Atherton and then again getting back to a yellow lot. This will be around 1:30, which means I'll be parking just short of the hospital!!
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
TIA

OL

Park at the Wal-Mart on Atherton and just leave your car there until you depart State College for the weekend. I’ve left my car there for three days before (Thurs-Sun morning) of a whiteout weekend, and nothing happened. Just Uber and/or walk everywhere else the entire time you are in State College/on campus for the weekend!

There is construction on Atherton, hopefully they will open all the lanes Saturday. It was a mess tonight from Park Avenue to the Giant.

In a similar situation. I want to get into town so my son can get to Gameday. But, I'm supposed to meet friends at CC Peppers at 12:30.
I'm thinking we will be fighting traffic west on Atherton and then again getting back to a yellow lot. This will be around 1:30, which means I'll be parking just short of the hospital!!
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
TIA

OL

Good luck with that. Unless you go to Gameday early and are there for 5 minutes I don’t think it’s possible. And for God’s sake avoid Atherton.

For the 2014 game we showed up a half hour before game time coming from the east and they parked us behind the Arboretum. Let's just say it was one Hell of a fast walk to make it in time for kick off.

Thanks, Pennsy,
A friend that we are meeting at CC Peppers has suggested we get on 322 West and get off at the Wal Mart exit to get to CC's. We will map out a return route from there. Would love to park as soon as we arrive and get Uber to take us to CC's!

OL

Your friend is correct. Go back the same way you came and don't attempt Atherton Street. The exit is Toftrees--turn left and keep going--as you approach Vairo, there will be a right into the parking lot behind CC Peppers.

I'm not sure I'd count on Uber in the parking lots either. Perhaps if you walked to the hospital it would be better.

Reactions: OhioLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT