ADVERTISEMENT

Genesee Brewing shipping 12 fermentation tanks down Erie Canal ...

RochLion

Jun 3, 2001
They actually brew beer? I thought the beer *was* the canal water

Actually that's pretty darn good bier for the price. When I was back home visiting I could get a 30 pack for $17. That's pretty good for PA! That said, there's bad news in the article. The tanks were made in China. Boooo!

Actually that's pretty darn good bier for the price. When I was back home visiting I could get a 30 pack for $17. That's pretty good for PA! That said, there's bad news in the article. The tanks were made in China. Boooo!
Local Wegmans has it for $15 here in Rochester. My go to is 30 pack Labatts for $20. Yeah, every case in PA seems to have at least a $2 markup from NY.

BTW, the tanks made there way up to Albany along the Hudson.

Reactions: humpydudas19
Genesee chose to procure the tanks from good ol' Chiner instead of selecting one of several regional companies that were anxious to produce tanks for them... I enjoy an honest Genny from time to time, but I'd want these tanks tested for all sorts of nasties - can only imagine the scrap-metal that went into producing those tanks... dunderheaded move to save a few bucks by the brewery IMHO

Hmm ... I just found it interesting that the engineering marvel, that is the Erie Canal, is returning to it's original intent. You've seen one Colonial Belle dinner boat sailing down the Erie Canal you've seen them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewEra 2014
Remember singing an Erie Canal song way, way back when I was in elementary (late 1950's). Still remember some of it to this day for reasons that escape me.

Loaded some barges in our day...
Filled with lumber, coal and hay...
And we knew every inch of the way...
From Albany to Buffalo...''

(Chorus)

Low bridge, everybody down...
Low bridge 'cause we're coming to town...
And you always know your neighbor...
And you always know your pal...
If you've ever navigated on the Erie Canal!

So it's not just beer, it's lead and beer .......

Local Wegmans has it for $15 here in Rochester. My go to is 30 pack Labatts for $20. Yeah, every case in PA seems to have at least a $2 markup from NY.

BTW, the tanks made there way up to Albany along the Hudson.

I love LaBatt. I haven't bought a 24 case of bottles or 30 pack of cans for under $25 bucks I don't think. Hickey's probably has the best prices I have seen around the area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT