ADVERTISEMENT

Greg McElroy calling

Matteeeee

Sep 8, 2012
Has Greg McElroy called a Penn State game in the past? The name doesn’t ring a bell. I’m curious if the announcing tomorrow will be fair or nauseating.

Has Greg McElroy called a Penn State game in the past? The name doesn’t ring a bell. I’m curious if the announcing tomorrow will be fair or nauseating.

It will be fine. He’s a Bama guy so no dog in the fight regarding PSU vs UDub.

He's a big time Bama and SEC homer, and it frequently comes out in comments he makes about teams from other conferences, which usually come off as either demeaning or damning with faint praise. If you can deal with that, I suppose he's OK.

Last year he was so anti-PSU. At least this is encouraging heading into tomorrow..

He's not a big Franklin guy. Has said it a few times on his daily radio show on sirius. Doesn't mean he'll be a hater on the broadcast but worth noting.

Doesn't matter I'll be spinning records like always. I picked up some sweet Doors and Rush first pressings this week!

I’m trying to determination the source and basis for his “transformation” from a PSU Hater to a PSU Lover, just because he was “color commentating” the Fiesta Bowl.

Very weird.

We was very positive towards PSU. So much so we thought for sure he'd be fired at Halftime. He won a championship while at Bama but had the misfortune of being drafted by the Jets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT