ADVERTISEMENT

Hannah

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, when she asked Davis about how important it was to get a W for the rest of the team; I just scratched my head.
This could be a heck of a reach, but Cael used to praise Nico for the “Spark” it gave the team to have him go first in duals. Hannah may well remember those good old days @ 125, and was trying to apply it to Braeden.

The good old days are back!

Reactions: mcpat
Interesting take from first poster. My wife was walking through the room during earlier rounds when Hannah Mears was interviewing someone between matches. I don’t recall who. She also talked about a conversation with one of the coaches. My wife came over to listen and said she really liked her take and she seemed to be very knowledgeable. She said she’d like to see more of her commentary and said, “I might have to come watch the finals with you if she’s going to be commenting.”

My wife did come watch the finals with me. We both thought the Davis interview was humorous. I'm sure, Braeden had many other things he wanted to do, than an interview. As others have said, that seems to be more about the interviews right off the mat. Lots of athletes are not great interviews, when they are excited, tired, shocked, and inexperienced at interviews. Loved Hannah throughout the tourney, she’s great!
Doesn't help when they ask a question where answering it would make the wrestler feel like a twit. Seriously. What's up with the questions. It's like they answer the question while asking it.

This could be a heck of a reach, but Cael used to praise Nico for the “Spark” it gave the team to have him go first in duals. Hannah may well remember those good old days @ 125, and was trying to apply it to Braeden.

The good old days are back!
No reach at all (and I'm glad the good ole days are back :) ).......but I thought she asked a legitimate question. Surprised that Braeden fumbled the question. I've heard many wrestlers say that the performance of teammates before them fired them up even in tourneys. Not faulting Davis if he doesn't realize this or feel this way but that doesn't make it a shallow or foolish question.

More surprised Braeden just didn't role with the line of questions. However he is after all just a true frosh, and just came off the mat from a huge win.

Why? Because he believes in God and not worldly things? That's actual Christian teaching going back 100's of years. It's actually quite normal. Maybe you just don't like religious people. If so, maybe keep your indoctrination bs off the board.
You're not a mod anymore for good reason. I likely know the Bible far greater than you do. I've read it front to back many times over.

WT already told us his opinion on theism. He's hostile, and he said you should raise your kids without any faith, and apparently he's going reach for an arrow every time somebody mentions religion.
I said "raise your kids without any faith"?

Didnt take metcalf long to lose the robot script either.

I prefer my iowa teams to be rough around the edges. when they were doing to the tony videos and talking about fun it was just silly because it was manufactured. embrace your dbagness and stick to it. Turk does and so should the iowa team.
Actually was thinking about Gilman's complete flameout at the Iowa Fight Night banquet. (Note, the event is Iowa the state, not Iowa the school.)

IIRC his comments were spectacularly not well received, as in he had to be separated from Metcalf and some others afterward.

You're not a mod anymore for good reason. I likely know the Bible far greater than you do. I've read it front to back many times over.

I said "raise your kids without any faith"?
Sure you do. What a bs excuse, I know the Bible better. You called our wrestlers of religious faith, indoctrinated.

This has nothing to do with being a mod. And for good reason? What's that? Your lack of tolerance for people of faith? You see anyone calling out atheists or agnostics? Yeah, didn't think so.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Frankly her insisting that Braedyn be "in shock" at winning, was insulting and disrespectful. She harped on it, I ran the tape back and she said it FOUR TIMES. Over and over, how he should be in shock at winning.

No Penn State wrestler has been in shock over winning, OR losing for that matter, since 2009. Cael doesn't do shock.

We do championships Hannah, not shock. We PUT mfers in shock, Hannah, we don't go into it. You know better Hannah, you are close to this program. I'm giving her a mulligan here, I don't think she realized what she was doing.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Frankly her insisting that Braedyn be "in shock" at winning, was insulting and disrespectful. She harped on it, I ran the tape back and she said it FOUR TIMES. Over and over, how he should be in shock at winning.

Bitch, no Penn State wrestler has been in shock over winning, OR losing for that matter, since 2009. Cael doesn't do shock.

We do championships Hannah, not shock. We PUT mfers in shock, Hannah, we don't go into it.
She's doing her job, and the questions were fine. It's a normal question for an 18 year old that no one thought had a legitimate shot to win the BIG. Then you call her a bitch? Wtf?

She's doing her job, and the questions were fine. It's a normal question for an 18 year old that no one thought had a legitimate shot to win the BIG. Then you call her a bitch? Wtf?
I didn't realize who she was. Deleted and my bad.

Very smart edit on his part.
Again I didn't realize who she is and my sincere apologies for not knowing. She is part of the family and I had no idea she was. I also realized that she didn't quite know what the effect was of the interview and had zero intentions of that.

I don't get the anger some people carry with them day in and day out, especially on message boards meant to be an escape from the daily toil. I guarantee those with daughters of Hannah's age wouldn't or shouldn't be speaking like that about her. It's a hard profession (sports journalism) for anyone and especially a female. Give her some slack. Sheesh.

Last edited:
I don't get the anger some people carry with them day in and day out, especially on message board meant to be an escape from the daily toil. I guarantee those was daughters of Hannah's age wouldn't or shouldn't be speaking like that about her. It's a hard profession (sports journalism) for anyone and especially a female. Give her some slack. Sheesh.
I'd watch her over Baldwin any day.

I don't get the anger some people carry with them day in and day out, especially on message board meant to be an escape from the daily toil. I guarantee those was daughters of Hannah's age wouldn't or shouldn't be speaking like that about her. It's a hard profession (sports journalism) for anyone and especially a female. Give her some slack. Sheesh.
I did. She gets a mulligan. Obviously she didn't mean, or know, the implications of the questioning.

You called our wrestlers of religious faith, indoctrinated.
Many people in organized religion are indoctrinated. It's by design.

There is nothing wrong with faith. I just don't care to have others faith and beliefs pushed on me.

I simply thought Kerks interview was little eccentric. I wasn't the only one.

There is nothing wrong with faith. I just don't care to have others faith and beliefs pushed on me.

And you are confusing all of us who have zero ****s to give about what you think lol

Hannah presents herself very well on TV (in more ways than one!) which is exactly why BTN has her doing her job. I’m certainly not a SJW, but I think it’s a little unrealistic to expect every female sportscaster to be completely and thoroughly knowledgable about all of the rules and technical intricacies of whatever sport they are covering. Especially when it’s a sport that until recently has not had a lot of female participation. She did a good job and I hope BTN brings her back again.

Reactions: NitFan53 and 1AA
Hannah presents herself very well on TV (in more ways than one!) which is exactly why BTN has her doing her job. I’m certainly not a SJW, but I think it’s a little unrealistic to expect every female sportscaster to be completely and thoroughly knowledgable about all of the rules and technical intricacies of whatever sport they are covering. Especially when it’s a sport that until recently has not had a lot of female participation. She did a good job and I hope BTN brings her back again.

Got it. If a female is reasonably sweet eye candy, we don't mind the empty calories. Forget for a minute the job might go to an informed commenter, say Malik Amine, who did a great job despite the fact he promoted Mendez as OW for the CC and wore a blue and maize singlet.

Of course, also Women's wrestling has been a Olympic Sport since 2004. Yes, I hate freestyle, but it is wrestling, and I imagine there's a participant or two from sometime in the last two decades has left her shoes on the mat and can offer informed commentary.

Once again I find myself drawing on my late ol' man's advice and being unable to acknowledge his wisdom. Specifically, it was an injunction to think with the head above the shoulders.

It's sort of amusing that all these people speaking of their faith is "pushing" it.

Maybe one of these days a militant atheist will win a title and tell us about the great joy, conviction and perseverance he or she received from random chance and how the belief in nothing gives their life meaning.

Why is it necessary to point out that the young broadcaster is female when discussing whether she is good or bad? When the fist-to-the-back guys were bad, I don’t remember people trying to debate whether males are unsuitable for broadcasting or the like.

Is this thread from the 1950’s?

Last edited:
"Pitchfork Rebel" really doesn't give a murine posterior about that.
For god's sake I've been putting those drops in my eyes for all these years.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT