ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case you are wondering the real slim shady is wrestling at last chance at 65 kgm and he isn't named Spencer. Just another Bo heading to PSU. Lol. I'm thinking he will have a better record than Spencer when it's all said and done
Heading to IOWA!!!
iron if you want to keep swearing stay on your site they will enjoy it! WE DONT!!
Uh what???? Oh see you didn't have glasses on, ALL good!!!!
The closest IB has ever been to Iowa is when he eats corn on the cob,
Uh no!!!!
Thanks for the link. I owe you one. I haven’t seen any in our local stores for a long time.
YES, thanks for info will check it out!!!

YES, thanks for info will check it out!!!
Seriously - try putting it on buttered corn on the cob. It’s awesome. A friend in college introduced me to that combination many years ago and since then, I won’t eat corn any other way.

Reactions: hlstone
Seriously - try putting it on buttered corn on the cob. It’s awesome. A friend in college introduced me to that combination many years ago and since then, I won’t eat corn any other way.
Oh I am 100% serious, I will try it. Once you get past all the silly-ness, you can from time to time gain some useful info!!!

A STORM is COMING!!!

Sarcastic John C Reilly GIF

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
Surfer dude needs NOT to hit the pipe, HARD!!!!
If you're talking about The Pipeline on the North Shore, that was a little out of my league. Even on my best days.

But we used to surf a good break called Pipes that is just north of Del Mar in the San Diego area. Right beyond that was Swami's which had one of the best point breaks in So. Cal. Problem was, it got pretty crowded when the surf was good. I liked San Onofre and Trestle's which was a little harder to get to. Good waves and not as many gremlins to get in your way.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
If you're talking about The Pipeline on the North Shore, that was a little out of my league. Even on my best days.

But we used to surf a good break called Pipes that is just north of Del Mar in the San Diego area. Right beyond that was Swami's which had one of the best point breaks in So. Cal. Problem was, it got pretty crowded when the surf was good. I liked San Onofre and Trestle's which was a little harder to get to. Good waves and not as many gremlins to get in your way.
I enjoyed that movie "Chasing Mavericks" and looked for surfing documentaries to watch because it peaked my interest. Found one on youtube about the actual guys that really surfed there. Also found one about Eddie Aikua from Hawaii....really good stuff. ESPN 30 for 30 about him as well was great. Have you ever gone to Mavericks even if it was just to watch?

Last edited:
I enjoyed that movie "Chasing Mavericks" and looked for surfing documentaries to watch because it peaked my interest. Found one on youtube about the actual guys that really surfed there. Also found one about Eddie Aikua from Hawaii....really good stuff. Have you ever gone to Mavericks even if it was just to watch?
Never went to Mavericks. That was a little too far north from San Diego. It's just a little bit south of San Francisco which would have been about an 8 to 9 hour drive in good traffic. FYI - the big surf hits the CA beaches in the late summer and fall time frame. If you look at a map of CA, most of the coast faces towards the Southwest. So what happens is that in the late summer and fall, there are big tropical storms in the southern Pacific and the energy from those storms drives big waves in the Northeast direction. Consequently, it piles up pretty good when it hits the CA coast line. A lot of people don't realize that if you want to surf bigger waves, you better be a pretty strong swimmer. Wrestling sure helps in that regard because you get the strength and conditioning required to pull through the whitewater churn. Some of my best friends on the East coast were wrestlers who spent their time going up and down the Atlantic coast in search of good breaks.

BTW - speaking of surf movies, I still think one of the very best surf scenes is the part in The Endless Summer where they show the guys surfing the big waves at Waimea. That was made over 60 years ago and it still rocks. Would have loved to have spent an afternoon tossing down a few with Greg Noll. He seemed like a real character!

Never went to Mavericks. That was a little too far north from San Diego. It's just a little bit south of San Francisco which would have been about an 8 to 9 hour drive in good traffic. FYI - the big surf hits the CA beaches in the late summer and fall time frame. If you look at a map of CA, most of the coast faces towards the Southwest. So what happens is that in the late summer and fall, there are big tropical storms in the southern Pacific and the energy from those storms drives big waves in the Northeast direction. Consequently, it piles up pretty good when it hits the CA coast line. A lot of people don't realize that if you want to surf bigger waves, you better be a pretty strong swimmer. Wrestling sure helps in that regard because you get the strength and conditioning required to pull through the whitewater churn. Some of my best friends on the East coast were wrestlers who spent their time going up and down the Atlantic coast in search of good breaks.

BTW - speaking of surf movies, I still think one of the very best surf scenes is the part in The Endless Summer where they show the guys surfing the big waves at Waimea. That was made over 60 years ago and it still rocks. Would have loved to have spent an afternoon tossing down a few with Greg Noll. He seemed like a real character!
Great stuff. I'll have to watch that one soon as I get a chance. I can't get over the balls it must take to surf those kinda waves. I watch those big surf videos and think to myself those guys are freaking crazy. Lol

The surfer dudes by me are pretty hardcore. Many surf year round which is nuts in itself!!! The fact that they will travel all over the South Shore looking for the waves including many times when a storm is hitting or coming in, well lets just say I give them a lot of credit!

Great stuff. I'll have to watch that one soon as I get a chance. I can't get over the balls it must take to surf those kinda waves. I watch those big surf videos and think to myself those guys are freaking crazy. Lol
Probably sounds like a crazy thing to do, but a little liquid courage can help as long as you don’t overdo it. Did that a few times when I was still dumb enough not to know any better. 😁

Didn't they go to some crazy place an catch a 100 foot wave? I remember watching a whole show on it, but can not recall the details. Pretty sweet life, Beach, Broads, and brews, especially if you can make a living doing it!!!

Didn't they go to some crazy place a catch a 100 foot wave? I remember watching a whole show on it, but can not recall the details. Pretty sweet life, Beach, Broads, and brews, especially if you can make a living doing it!!!
There’s a spot off the coast of Portugal where there are some huge waves that are close to 100 ft when storms are in the Atlantic. I think that’s where someone set the record for the biggest wave ever ridden.

Yeah being a professional surfer sure looks like the dream job, but you have to be really good and probably have some gimmick to get the attention of a sponsor. Those guys get to surf some awesome spots around the whole planet.

There’s a spot off the coast of Portugal where there are some huge waves that are close to 100 ft when storms are in the Atlantic. I think that’s where someone set the record for the biggest wave ever ridden.

Yeah being a professional surfer sure looks like the dream job, but you have to be really good and probably have some gimmick to get the attention of a sponsor. Those guys get to surf some awesome spots around the whole planet.
OK, I will sponsor you. You can wear an IOWA singlet and surf in your stance with wrestling shoes and headgear. We will paint a psu singlet on your surf board so it looks like you are pinning their wrestlers sorry ass!!! Maybe will take some foam noodles and glue them to the board for arms and legs?

That can be our gimmick but you also have to be pretty darn good TWOOOOO!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: AgSurfer
Didn't they go to some crazy place an catch a 100 foot wave? I remember watching a whole show on it, but can not recall the details. Pretty sweet life, Beach, Broads, and brews, especially if you can make a living doing it!!!
IRON-light is so palatable, you can almost see yourself buying him a beer.
Then uncut, unhinged IRON crashes the party, and you definitely see yourself pouring the beer on his head.

Then uncut, unhinged IRON crashes the party, and you definitely see yourself pouring the beer on his head.
I get the feeling that the REAL Ironbird is just a regular, down to Earth guy who just enjoys poking PSU wrestling fans. There is a group of people with whom I have the same fun over politics. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve never read a post by Ironbird where he got really ugly with a PSU fan.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
I get the feeling that the REAL Ironbird is just a regular, down to Earth guy who just enjoys poking PSU wrestling fans. There is a group of people with whom I have the same fun over politics. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve never read a post by Ironbird where he got really ugly with a PSU fan.
He's the guy who accuses anyone related to the PSU program of all kinds of cheating (including PEDs) at seemingly every opportunity.

For me, that puts him solidly outside the "he's actually a good guy" territory.

Last edited:
I think he's a lot smarter than the character he portrays. He has fun using his shtick to play people.

• Haha
He's the guy who accuses anyone related to the PSU program of all kinds of cheating (including PEDs) at seemingly every opportunity.

For me, that puts you solidly outside the "he's actually a good guy" territory.
To me, that’s just another way of poking PSU fans. That’s not a personal insult directed at someone posting here. There’s a difference between posting outrageous content about institutions or general groups of people and posting things that are meant to be an attack or insult towards a particular person on a forum.

To me, that’s just another way of poking PSU fans. That’s not a personal insult directed at someone posting here. There’s a difference between posting outrageous content about institutions or general groups of people and posting things that are meant to be an attack or insult towards a particular person on a forum.
Agreed. I take his over-the-top “character” at face value . . . a frustrated Hawk fan harmlessly poking a bear for message board fun. Doubt even he takes his wildest accusations seriously.

Reactions: AgSurfer
LOL when has iron ever played someone but he does end up playing himself and being a goofball!aLL he does is dream of maybe someday beating PSU!

I like the "buying SIR IRON a beer part!" You would NOT want to pour it over his head lil one!!!!

For me, that puts him solidly outside the "he's actually a good guy" territory.
Have many, MANY years in sports. Call it as I see it AND will add. I do not blame ANY kid for taking whatever to reach the top these days. Now I was against PEDs and have competed my whole life without them. that being said, looking back and being 100% honest. I do NOT know if I would do it the same way knowing what i know now???

I 100% have competed against others using PEDs, most I beat anyway, but in Powerlifting contests, NO CHANCE!!! I was STRONG as all hell, worked harder then anyone to reach that level. I tell it like this, I spend 1000s of hours weight training. Someone might be able to match my level with much less work by taking some PEDs.

Now what if there was a "pill" I could take that could make my wrestling skills as good as the top guys without doing all the work!!! Would that be fair???? Obviously not but the reality of PEDs and now the $$$$$ involved...... well
Agreed. I take his over-the-top “character” at face value . . . a frustrated Hawk fan harmlessly poking a bear for message board fun. Doubt even he takes his wildest accusations seriously.
Listen, I still believe I am the most level headed, honest guy up in dis 2nd string board AND on the IOWA board for that matter TWOOOOO!!!!
LOL when has iron ever played someone but he does end up playing himself and being a goofball!aLL he does is dream of maybe someday beating PSU!
SIR IRON is the "PLAYR" you all are the "PLAYEEEEZ" IOWA will be back on top quicker then you ALL know!!!!

Ironbird - serious question. How about telling us a little about yourself. We know you’re a rabid Hawk fan who likes to poke fun at PSU fans, but what else is there to know? Occupation? School? (If not Iowa). Wrestling experience? Just curious. No hidden agenda on my part.

I was at the north shore on Oahu just hanging out with the family about 15 years ago the first week of April which isn't the prime time for big waves. There is a reef about 300 - 500 yards off-shore and that's where all the surfers were surfing. The second swell would hit the beach with a force that literally shook the earth. I couldn't believe the height of those waves. There were hundreds off-shore yet no one was attempting to ride the ones at the shore line. No one was in the water near shore, and for good reason.

Ironbird - serious question. How about telling us a little about yourself. We know you’re a rabid Hawk fan who likes to poke fun at PSU fans, but what else is there to know? Occupation? School? (If not Iowa). Wrestling experience? Just curious. No hidden agenda on my part.
From LI, NY, Got started in wrestling in middle school, been involved ever since. Competed through college, small D2 school. Four year starter, was nationally ranked as a SR. got hurt, wrestled in regionals but could not overcome the injury.

Masters in education, certified NYS teacher. Had to get out because our schools are going to hell. Have my own business. Also heavy into lifting and training, had my own gym which was run as in a "team training fashion." Had good results with kids in all different sports as well as setting several state and national drug free records.

Wrote several articles about wrestling and training on a now out of business sight. They were well received and highly rated. OBSESSED with wrestling, always looking at the "why" and to get better as a coach and trainer. Right now mostly working with my younger son and some of his teammates.

From LI, NY, Got started in wrestling in middle school, been involved ever since. Competed through college, small D2 school. Four year starter, was nationally ranked as a SR. got hurt, wrestled in regionals but could not overcome the injury.

Masters in education, certified NYS teacher. Had to get out because our schools are going to hell. Have my own business. Also heavy into lifting and training, had my own gym which was run as in a "team training fashion." Had good results with kids in all different sports as well as setting several state and national drug free records.

Wrote several articles about wrestling and training on a now out of business sight. They were well received and highly rated. OBSESSED with wrestling, always looking at the "why" and to get better as a coach and trainer. Right now mostly working with my younger son and some of his teammates.
hack GIF

How about you all, what is your stories?
This Ironbird is nice to meet.

I wrestled in junior high in the Harrisburg area then at the start of 9th grade I moved to NEPA and went out for wrestling. A friend convinced me to try skiing, so I told the coach, Shorty Hitchock, that I would not be at practice friday because I was going with the ski club. Coach said I could not ski and wrestle, so I said goodbye to my wrestling career. The team did not miss me one bit, they were State Champs my senior year with three individual champs, the Bonomo Brothers and Mike Leskowski at HWT.

When my son was in second grade he heard an announcement at the football game about elementary wrestling sign ups. He asked and his mom agreed, then he wrestled from then to senior year and his brother wrestled from k to 9th grade when he gave volleyball a try. He loved volleyball because the bus stopped three times for food traveling to and from away games. I helped, mostly with admin, for their elementary teams.

I went to PSU but never followed them in wrestling while I was there. I started following PSU wrestling once my kids wrestled and we went to a meet, as an after thought while on campus. This was just after they joined the BigTen. At my first meet the opposing coach ran out on the mat and had a team point deducted, they lost because of that deduction. So I started wih a PSU win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT