ADVERTISEMENT

Herbert staying at Oregon

Lion84

Apr 10, 2015
surprised by this since he was projected to be the first QB off the board in the Top 10 taken. Risky move and I would think this makes Haskins decision easier since he probable just made another couple of million by now being the Top QB - not a great year for QB’s and a lot of teams need them to start the rebuild process.

Reactions: NedFromYork
As a Giants fan, this stinks. Saquon needs a mobile QB who can move out of pocket. Forcing LB to spy QB would open more space to run. Right now no one fears Eli and crowding the line.

As a Giants fan, this stinks. Saquon needs a mobile QB who can move out of pocket. Forcing LB to spy QB would open more space to run. Right now no one fears Eli and crowding the line.

Herbert really isn't a running QB. He's mobile like Big Ben or Aaron Rodgers are mobile. No one would be spying him.

JMO I don't think Herbert is as highly thought of in NFL circles as he is by those that do the mocks. He's not very accurate even with a clean pocket and really struggles when he's pressured.

If I'm a Giants fan I'm hoping they go defense in the first round then a QB in the second round. Someone like Daniel Jones from Duke would be a nice fit IMO or even Will Grier if he falls which seems less likely now. Eli's your starting QB next year though unless he walks away which I highly doubt. Actually, if I'm a Giants fan I'm praying that we sign Nick Foles.

Most believe Bridgewater will end up with NYG. Herbert does have some things to work on and i think he would benefit from another year plus his brother will be a TE next year at Oregon.

Not surprised. He regressed this year. Passing wasn’t accurate at all. Many games his decision making stunk. If he wants to be successful in the NFL he definitely needs more time in college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT