ADVERTISEMENT

How come nobody's worried about Nebraska?

jammenz

Jul 14, 2013
Montoya, Abidin, Wilson, Dudley, Jensen split the team wins with Lambert, Sueflohn, and Studebaker all in their matches. Are you counting on enough bonus pts vs ranked Berger and Barnes to offset Dudley/Jensen bonus?

There are quite a few matches that could go either way but I really see PSU pulling away
125 Nico dec.
133. Conaway dec.
141 I look for Gulibon to get back on track
149 Zain dec
157 Nolf mdec.
165 I think Shakur beats Wilson
174 Nickal wins
184 Cutch handled Dudley last year twice
197 McIntosh by major
285 Nebraska wins

I could see 141, 165, 184 go to Nebraska and I don't see much opportunity for Nebraska to bonus other than 285

Worse case I see it 5 matches a piece. Best case is 9 to 1. Get good wrestlers together a lot can happen! Look at the VaTech match! I was concerned with the upsets early..
33 and 41 could go either way... thus I see it 2 - 2 after 149 (worse case). Dudley may pose issues for Cutch and Wilson could show up strong.
Here is to an 8-2 PSU outcome!

Don't worry, be happy! :)

Should be some good matches, but it would be a shocker of UN pulled off the upset.

Montoya, Abidin, Wilson, Dudley, Jensen split the team wins with Lambert, Sueflohn, and Studebaker all in their matches. Are you counting on enough bonus pts vs ranked Berger and Barnes to offset Dudley/Jensen bonus?
That is one tough schedule for Nebraska over 9 days starting Friday: PSU, tOSU, Iowa. They certainly couldn't have asked for a harder schedule. Kind of like us having to do tOSU, Michigan, and MSU the last three weeks of football. This certainly will get Nebraska better prepared for Big10's and NCAAs.

Worry? Heck no, this is fun. It's why these kids came to Penn State...to wrestle in duals like this.

Used to be why kids went to Minny...you remember those days, don't ya?
Ewwww, way to jack'em up.
grinning-smiley-002.gif

You're right Dudley did win at NCAA's and has looked good this year. Cutch majored him at B1G's and was on the way to teching him at the Scuffle when Dudley MFF'd. It will be a toss-up

Track is wrong -- listed the Scuffle match as MFF when it was an Inj Def. Cutch was very near a TF when the match was terminated, physically beat Dudley into pulp. Cutch then won 9-1 MD at B10s, lost 5-2 at nationals.

Easy answer to posters original question... "because you are on the Penn State board, not the Minnesota board"

Reactions: pish69
I'm a Nebraska fan but it will most likely be Penn State 9 matches Nebraska 1. Dudley has been wrestling better this season however he stills need to be more consistent. Berger at 157# needs to add some muscle or go back to 149# next year. Barnes at 174# was injured at the Midlands tournament and missed both matches last weekend. Abidin at 141@ isn't wrestling like he did his junior year.

understood... I would still set the o/u at 7.5. I'm taking the over at 8 matches for the Nitts

I'm a Nebraska fan but it will most likely be Penn State 9 matches Nebraska 1. Dudley has been wrestling better this season however he stills need to be more consistent. Berger at 157# needs to add some muscle or go back to 149# next year. Barnes at 174# was injured at the Midlands tournament and missed both matches last weekend. Abidin at 141@ isn't wrestling like he did his junior year.
Think Abidin is getting back to where he was at last year he just beat Thorn by a good margin I'd expect him to beat Guilibon

Nebraska looked truly awful against Rutgers. If they wrestle at that level on Friday, the match will be lop-sided in favor of Penn State.

Think Abidin is getting back to where he was at last year he just beat Thorn by a good margin I'd expect him to beat Guilibon

The Gulibon of last week would be a solid favorite over Adibdin. Neither one has been consistent this season so it's anyone guess what happens in this match.

Could be a good match but being a betti ng man money is on Lions 7-3 matches.
Also big ten messes up a possible good dual and they tv Iowa vs Wis for sure a blow out

The Gulibon of last week would be a solid favorite over Adibdin. Neither one has been consistent this season so it's anyone guess what happens in this match.
So are you telling me that thorn isn't a top guy? Because before that match I would've said thorn was a solid favorite over Abidin and then he proceeded to lose to Abidin 10-6 Guilibon hasn't beaten anyone of notice this year he wasn't even wrestling great before the ankle injury penn state has a lot of solid guys this year and at 141 he's not one of them

We don't print t-shirts for winning duals, but maybe Cael will start if we win. Seriously, it should be a very competitive night of wrestling....at almost every weight class. Last time we were home at Rec was Lock Haven and the only drama was Jan Johnson. Wiscy at BJC wasn't much different.

Great fun.

Last edited:

Still five matches to go, but with Conaway beating Montoya, Retherford MAJORING Sueflohn and Nolf getting the TF over Berger, I'm feeling pretty good!

Jammenz looks like a fool again....how long are you going to keep the Nebby wrestling avatar?
He'll have a Northwestern one up tomorrow.

Can't say I blame him. Goofers gonna get throttled by Rutgers on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT