ADVERTISEMENT

How do you see 2021? A disaster? About what was expected? A stepping stone?

BobE

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2001
This year is a stepping stone towards better things in the future!

Our most serious issues have been addressed - thru recruiting - at QB and RB. The OL and DL are still up in the air. But it is amazing the difference a healthy QB can have on the whole team. Plus a talented fresh set of legs to tote the rock.

What is killing us this year - a wounded Cliff, coupled with poor OL run blocking, the lack of depth along the DL, AND a number of critical injuries that by midseason had sapped us of our depth. . Its a shame too because our DBs have been terrific as a unit, the team was united, and we had the framework for a very good team. But an explosive O is needed to keep things rolling, and that folks we are still waiting to see.

So while its too late to get to where we thought we were going, THIS year, a switch has to be turned sometime in the 2nd half of this season to get the O rolling again. That, and another year or two should put us back into consideration. I also feel very bad for Cliff. He's given his all but injuries keep catching up with him.

Putting a contender together is a delicate dance. Luck is a key part. Some years things just dont work out, and it hurts like hell. So while this year is far from over, there is a crucial moral victory to be had, that will set the stage for a more exciting 2022.

I believe we healed the leadership crisis we had in 2020. And this 2021 team is as together as Ive seen a PSU team in several years. Lets hope they can go out with a flourish. This team deserves whatever victories they can make happen.

One question: I do wonder if our lack of strength along both lines has anything to do with our S&C program. How can so many 4 stars lack "push" ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News