ADVERTISEMENT

I can't believe this article on www.msn.com/money

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
young woman claims 1982 college graduate made the equivalent of $102,000 in todays $$

This young lady says her mother made $36,000 as an entry-level bank teller in 1982. WHAT!! She also makes the claim that the average graduate today makes $55,260 today but the average graduate in 1982 made the equivalent of $102,200. Absolutely absurd. She also says: "I think boomers just have such a hard time conceptualizing this because they never had to fight for jobs, ... They were at the upswing of technology, they were at the upswing of big business, capitalism was booming, and then they look at us and they're thinking…entitled." This is on MSN Money website and they don't challenge her on these claims.

In 1982, the average college graduate made $15,200. In 2023 $$ that is $51,000. So the average college graduate in 1982 made LESS than the average college graduate today. Also, the unemployment rate in 1982 was ~11%. The unemployment rate today is ~3%. You tell me who had the tougher job market to enter.

That MSN Money allows this to slide and thereby validate this idiot's contention borders on criminal in its complicatedness to deceive young folks today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News