ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't see anyone post on UMass joining the MAC

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
from the Atlantic 10. MAC has been a pretty stable conference that has been gaining fan support. I know that I like watching MAC games and don't feel like they are corrupted. I wonder if UMass is looking for stability in what is going to be a very unstable time for college football.

Reactions: NedFromYork
from the Atlantic 10. MAC has been a pretty stable conference that has been gaining fan support. I know that I like watching MAC games and don't feel like they are corrupted. I wonder if UMass is looking for stability in what is going to be a very unstable time for college football.

pitt and UMass have very similar athletic programs. pitt should follow UMass's lead and move to a conference that suits their level.

I think UMass is making the wrong decision here. The MAC is a huge step down from the A-10 in basketball. They should just revert football to FCS and join the CAA.

I think UMass is making the wrong decision here. The MAC is a huge step down from the A-10 in basketball. They should just revert football to FCS and join the CAA.
The A10 isn't what it used to be in basketball (it's basically turned into a 1.5 bid league over the last several years, where an upset in the conference tourney will determine if a second team dances)...it's a definitely a good move for them.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The A10 isn't what it used to be in basketball (it's basically turned into a 1.5 bid league over the last several years, where an upset in the conference tourney will determine if a second team dances)...it's a definitely a good move for them.
I have to disagree. The MAC will always be a one-bid league, but the A-10 still has the potential for ~3 bids annually. The way I see it, they have several programs that’re traditionally good but struggling; that could quickly change with new leadership at programs such as Saint Louis.

Just my opinion, though.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT