ADVERTISEMENT

I don't get it

junior1

May 29, 2001
reading the paper this morning about Biden administration plans on limiting oil drilling, restricting mining, spending on small business loans, deciding not to replenish strategic oil reserve, spending billions for migrants....and then reading our board and all those who support this administration and I admit, I don't get it.

Now admittedly I am a fiscal conservative..I see the need for social programs, defense, medicare, social security and all similar programs for people in real need. At the same time, I see spending at the federal level that, in my opinion, is so out of control, that continuing down this path could eventually destroy us economically. A prime example, the Biden 10 year plan takes us from a $32 trillion debt to a $52 trillion debt. That's nearly $2trillion/year in deficit spending. And, I'm not certain that 10 year plan includes the true amount we're going to have to pay to service the debt at the higher interest rates generated through fed tightening.

I see no movement or even concern from the President or his party about all this debt...now being bipartisan, I see a lot of lip service from republicans but no real "fight" (to use an in vogue word) to get back to what might be considered fiscal sanity.

Now there are some who post on here who are, or appear to be, Biden supporters or at least left leaning patriots who seem to support the policies surrounding our deficit spending and seem to be satisfied with, or even happy about, the direction the country is going financially. And, I don't get it. What do the democrats on here see about our financial position that I'm missing?

Now, please don't respond with a "yea, but trump" return....I already said republicans aren't helping the situation and that includes Trump.

But, seriously, what do posters like lionlover, mjlowe, rutgersdave, paoli, njpsu, laffybear, ten thousan marbles know that I don't? Why do you support this administration's fiscal policies? Are you not concerned about the debt? Why would we vote for anyone republican/democrat/independent/libertarian/green who doesn't acknowledge our fiscal position?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News