ADVERTISEMENT

I found this rather shocking... Carlton of WFAN arrested...

I found this rather shocking... Carlton of WFAN arrested...

I went in to work late yesterday and I watched Boomer and Carton for the first time. I thought he was pretty good.

Edit: Just saw the video with the PSU student. I hope he goes to 'pound me in the a$$' prison, even if he is innocent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkies
For a ticket scheme. This guy had it made. Salary of $250k. Fame. Probably triples that amount with speaking and endoresment deals for a total of $1mm.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/wfan-host-craig-carton-arrested-by-fbi/

Good for him. I was working in Philadelphia years ago when Carton was on WIP, one of his first jobs. I thought he was terrible and so did WIP because he didn't last long.

IIRC he had plenty of bad things to say about us going back to the '90's let alone more recently. So eff Craig Carton. Greedhead punk. I hope he gets a nice long stretch in the Federal jug - maybe that will cool his jets a little bit, the shizhole.

For a guy with a big mouth, this is karma.

When the Sandusky scandal was going on, Craig Carton blasted Penn State, Paterno, just about everything about the school, even to the point of saying he'd punch people out.

Yet, the guy himself is nothing but a lewd, lascivious, jackass.....and that's ON the air. A friend of mine with young kids couldn't even let his kids listen to the program each morning because of the off color shite this guy was spewing. I think you should be able to let your kids listen to a sports station, don't you?

I actually sent an email to the WFAN's producer saying what a hypocrite he was on the Sandusky matter, when every other word out of his mouth was often sex related. I got no response.

Turns out off the air he's nothing but a common criminal, so it seems.

Seems that very often the guys who chirp the loudest are often the worst among us.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...carton-co-host-arrested-fbi-article-1.3473530

Last edited:
For a guy with a big mouth, this is karma.

I hope he gets the book thrown at him and it hits him right in the forehead. He was a giant dicque 20 years ago when he was on WIP.

By the time the Feds get done with him with fines and forfeitures (let alone the legal bills) he'll be broke, and best of all, permanently unemployable.

Good for him, the prick. He's had it coming for a long, long time.

I hope he gets the book thrown at him and it hits him right in the forehead. He was a giant dicque 20 years ago when he was on WIP.

By the time the Feds get done with him with fines and forfeitures (let alone the legal bills) he'll be broke, and best of all, permanently unemployable.

Good for him, the prick. He's had it coming for a long, long time.

"Dicque".....LOL!

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
He is a hell of a man! Talking to an undergraduate like this. Can you imagine speaking like this to someone?

He should have been fired for that tirade alone, which was totally disrespectful, not to mention loaded with falsehoods. He calls her parents animals, can you imagine, and then proceeds to act like a baboon. Even Boomer got disgusted with him. I say that not having much respect for Boomer either for co-hosting with this jerk off all these years. He should have had more integrity.

He is a hell of a man! Talking to an undergraduate like this. Can you imagine speaking like this to someone?

And Karissa Maxwell, the young undergraduate who he was constantly talking over and not allowing to make a point, showed far more maturity then that piece of crap did.

File under "Well that's a shame" - JoePa critic Craig Carton arrested

CBS RADIO Sports WFAN-A-F/NEW YORK “BOOMER AND CARTON” co-host CRAIG CARTON was arrested at his home WEDNESDAY morning on charges that he and an associate defrauded investors in an alleged Ponzi scheme.

LINK

this was the guy who said to Joe's children:

"Shut up! Your father should rot in hell. Hope maggots are eating through his body right now. And I hope he feels it. If you believe in having a soul after death - I hope his one is miserable."

"All your other Penn State morons who defend the actions that took place, and want to come up with some excuse for the behavior - you should all rot in hell too. Die of gonorrhea, painful gonorrhea. And that's too good for you."

now if they could only get Bernstein . . .

I hope he gets the book thrown at him and it hits him right in the forehead.

If he's got big time gambling debts, prison and lack of employment prospects will be the least of his worries. He will have to put a lot of effort into staying alive and not losing too many appendages.

File under "Well that's a shame" - JoePa critic Craig Carton arrested

CBS RADIO Sports WFAN-A-F/NEW YORK “BOOMER AND CARTON” co-host CRAIG CARTON was arrested at his home WEDNESDAY morning on charges that he and an associate defrauded investors in an alleged Ponzi scheme.

LINK

this was the guy who said to Joe's children:

"Shut up! Your father should rot in hell. Hope maggots are eating through his body right now. And I hope he feels it. If you believe in having a soul after death - I hope his one is miserable."

"All your other Penn State morons who defend the actions that took place, and want to come up with some excuse for the behavior - you should all rot in hell too. Die of gonorrhea, painful gonorrhea. And that's too good for you."

now if they could only get Bernstein . . .
Interesting. I think the good book says, and I paraphrase, that the mercy you show to others will be the mercy shown to you.

Now nobody is going to suggest that I am any kind of feast for the peepers, but our boy looks like a dick with ears.

300x300.jpg

Anybody know where he went to school? Heh heh.

Reactions: step.eng69
Wow, I remember him on the air with G Cobb back in his WIP days.

Reminds me of the fall of Don Tollefson. It's amazing how these successful guys can blow up their lives.

Reactions: Nitwit
People. Are. Greedy.
Or stupid. He had huge gambling debts he was trying to pay off by raising money in a Ponzi scheme described as a ticket reselling business. You have to wonder about the so called investors who gave him the money to begin with. Note: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Or stupid. He had huge gambling debts he was trying to pay off by raising money in a Ponzi scheme described as a ticket reselling business. You have to wonder about the so called investors who gave him the money to begin with. Note: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.
That is true. It's hard to con an honest man.

Craig Carton of Boomer and Carton arrested by FBI on a $5.6 million dollar investor scam used to try and pay off his gambling debts...

Wasn't he the guy that tore apart that PSU CO ED who called into his show defending Paterno ?

Carton basically said Paterno had no " morals"?

Wow...

Craig Carton of Boomer and Carton arrested by FBI on a $5.6 million dollar investor scam used to try and pay off his gambling debts...

Wasn't he the guy that tore apart that PSU CO ED who called into his show defending Paterno ?

Carton basically said Paterno had no " morals"?

Wow...

Sorry... Already posted...

Sorry... Already posted...

no biggie. it's the 4th thread about Carlton's arrest ... I just keep merging them into 1 thread.

and FWIW, he was an a-hole when he worked at WIP in Philadelphia, and his mouth has gotten him into trouble pretty much everywhere he's worked. Some people seem to enjoy listening to sports-talk hosts that are confrontational. I've never understood that, but that's just me.

his comments about JoePa, JoePa's family, PSU, and PSUers, were beyond ignorant.

I used to like Boomer. But, I lost all respect for him when he allowed Carton to rant and especially the way he treated the young lady from PSU who respectfully tried to make her point.

I used to go to a lot of sports bars for MNF and there would be the guys broadcasting remotely. After a handful of encounters, it occurred to me I could have just as meaningful and intelligent exchange with any random drunk at the bar inside Hooters. Actually, probably better because they aren't restricted by FCC laws.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT