ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Hamlin is noting the recruiting class Pitt is pulling in

1.You don't think it's possible Hamlin and his dad could be using their position as leverage to get Pitt fans to games? I mean if that's their attempt it's not really going to work, winning will, but still it's possible.

2.Ford not being as high on PSU as other recruits was from an article on either 247 or Rivals a while back. I don't have the link.

3.And you guys saying "no way Ford and Hamlin end up at Pitt" are out of your mind. You don't think that there's even the slightest chance they play at Pitt? Come on. Pitt is in the top 3 for both and is a solid pick for a landing spot for both.
1. No, That's ridiculous. Read the tweets, they were in response to a Pitt fan saying Hamlin had no loyalty to his city if he didn't go to Pitt and his dad was ticked someone would say that to his son.
2. Please google it. I honestly never saw that and don't believe it. Two rebuttles before you even find it, if Dokish or Peak wrote it I won't believe it. My blind cocker spaniel has more credibility in his missing balls than those two combined. Second, if it was before Ford went with Sanders to our Friday Night Lights camp then it's dated news anyway.
3. Yes, I truly believe it impossible they both go to Pitt. You have a much better shot at Wade.

It's weird because I know a lot of people at Central too and Coach Totten apparently is pro-Pitt, at least it now seems that way.[/QUOTE]

Isn't he out of eligibility?

1. No, That's ridiculous. Read the tweets, they were in response to a Pitt fan saying Hamlin had no loyalty to his city if he didn't go to Pitt and his dad was ticked someone would say that to his son.
2. Please google it. I honestly never saw that and don't believe it. Two rebuttles before you even find it, if Dokish or Peak wrote it I won't believe it. My blind cocker spaniel has more credibility in his missing balls than those two combined. Second, if it was before Ford went with Sanders to our Friday Night Lights camp then it's dated news anyway.
3. Yes, I truly believe it impossible they both go to Pitt. You have a much better shot at Wade.

1. It wasn't a Pitt fan. It was a trolling WVU fan who made an account as a Pitt fan to bad mouth Pitt recruits and recruits eventually found that out. Get your facts straight.

2. I googled it and couldn't find it. So I guess it's not a credible argument now anyway.

3. I'll look forward to signing day then.

Totten's not pro-Pitt. He's pro-everybody. He will never sway a kid in a direction that is wrong for the kid, period.

For the record, if Hamlin doesn't end up with us, I'd much rather he end up at Pitt. We don't want him going to OSU, and for his sake, I hope he doesn't end up at ND. As I've stated on this board before, though, CC has a very strong and long-standing relationship with ND with their non-athletes, so that can't hurt ND at all. A lot of CC non-athlete kids have ended up at Notre Dame.

Reactions: AJSH2P
1. It wasn't a Pitt fan. It was a trolling WVU fan who made an account as a Pitt fan to bad mouth Pitt recruits and recruits eventually found that out. Get your facts straight

For a WVU troll there were lots of pro Pitt tweets prior to the twitter spat. I'll accept that the idiot that did it does not represent the majority of Pitt fans, but saying that it was a WVU fan trolling is simply not supported by the previous tweets.

There are some good WPIAL guys still havent committed like Wheeler, Mathews and Pugh. Theres another in state DT said to be favoring Pitt.
You do wonder what is going on in Narduzzi's mind right now. He probably never realized how difficult it was going to be to recruit to Pitt, especially with JF and Urban already solidly in place, and both being better natural recruiters than him. He can make up ground if Pitt has a good season, but in order to do so they probably need to win 8 games, and I don't see that happening. And then, next year's mother lode of talent in PA will be off-limits to him, particularly if we win at least 8 games. And then Connor and Boyd are gone, and we likely defeat them 4 years in a row.

It's a very bad situation for Narduzzi. One mis-step, and he will never recover.

Kind of my take on Pitt too. I thought Narduzzi would recruit better than he has, which makes me wonder how the next few years will go. It seems clear if Pitt doesn't win, Narduzzi isnt bringing in a good class.

Reactions: john4psu
Remember when Tyler Palko signed with Pitt and said they were going to win National Titles? Me too lol. In his defense he did have a good career and was a leader. His best is the ceiling for Pitt. Now it is somehow backing into the ACC Championship Game and going down with a moral victory to FSU or Clemson. Pitt is picked 6th in their own division. It is going to take a whole lot more from Narduzzi to even catch up with Georgia Tech. UNC is far from elite and is 2-0 vs. Pitt. They are about even with Duke and Virginia right now but getting their doors blown off in recruiting by them.

It is what it is. I can't see Pitt ever turning the corner it is unrealistic. They will always get 1 elite wpial or local guy who is 3 and out, kind of like a fast track to the NFL. Just glad we get to beat them early in the season so I don't have to constantly hear the comparisons all year long.

Pitt will probably get Matthews. Pugh supposedly favors WVU. Pitt has no shot at Upshur or Dioubate. Hudson is taking things slow, and though we are supposedly in good stead with him, he may turn out to be like Wheeler if he does not hurry up.

Key difference: pitters who bash Penn State are delusional and have nothing to back up their claims. Penn Staters see the reality of pitt.

You signed up in 2011 but have just two posts. In other words, you were banned before the software switch. Gee, I wonder why. Buh-bye.
Not necessarily, there were about 30 days after the changeover where your post count followed you from board to board. Now when you go to another board, you start at 1, or if like me, you visited during that 30 day period it kept it. Now all the boards have separate post counts. On my board I have 18,885 +/-

You don't think it's possible Hamlin and his dad could be using their position as leverage to get Pitt fans to games? I mean if that's their attempt it's not really going to work, winning will, but still it's possible.

Ford not being as high on PSU as other recruits was from an article on either 247 or Rivals a while back. I don't have the link.

And you guys saying "no way Ford and Hamlin end up at Pitt" are out of your mind. You don't think that there's even the slightest chance they play at Pitt? Come on. Pitt is in the top 3 for both and is a solid pick for a landing spot for both.
You sir are out of your mind, thinking Hamlin and his dad are trying to leverage Sh*t fans to games

Reactions: RobBliz
Why does it matter if the fan on twitter was a WVU troll? Mr. Hamlin was speaking the truth and how he feels. I don't know where he is going to end up but we are running out of spots quick and DV is the last position I'm worried about.

You don't think it's possible Hamlin and his dad could be using their position as leverage to get Pitt fans to games?

No, I don't. Are you serious? Now the kid's dad is orchestrating a social media movement disguised as insults in order to drive people to Pitt games?

Look, take a deep breath and state your theory out loud. Sometimes people have to actually hear a ridiculous statement out loud in order to grasp how insane it sounds.

If you really believe his dad is insulting Pitt on Twitter as part of a plan to drive up attendance at Pitt games then you're delusional. That's not what's going on. You might be delusional, though.

Somehow I don't believe Mr. Hamlin thinks it is his job to somehow embarrass Pitt fans into attending football games more regularly.

Seriously? But it sounds like such a "well reasoned" theory....o_O LMFAO. They should re-name the Lair to "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

Gosh. Some of you are just sad, sad individuals.
Solid first post. You should do this more often.

Not the first time a Penn State board popped a Pitters message cherry. Won't be the last either. Like they say, you always remember your first. To that I say, you're welcome.

We're sad? You're a Pitt guy, and you're here. What does that make you?

Congrats on your first post, by the way. It's not often we see the kind of intuitive insight that your first post displays.

Reactions: Alphabets
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT