ADVERTISEMENT

I was a Democratic state representative — here’s why I joined the GOP

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
An African American woman this time.....

https://nypost.com/2023/07/13/i-was-a-democratic-state-representative-heres-why-i-joined-the-gop/

Broken Dem ideas

As a lawmaker for the past three years, I realize more each day that the principles of Democrats are not always aligned with those of black people.

We all saw how Democrats chose to handle the “illegal” immigration of Haitians during the Clinton administration, leaving black people drowning in the ocean without so much as an arm of support.

We saw Democrats put nearly $10 billion into building more prisons, which made it possible to house more black people and for longer sentences with the 1994 Crime Bill.

What about now, in 2023?

I am asking black Americans to ask themselves, “What has a Democrat done for you lately?”

I don’t know what Janet Jackson would say, but let me take a stab it.

Black children cannot read or perform simple math in marginalized communities.

In my district, some of the stats show as little as 2% to 3% academic proficiency.

The criminal-justice system led by black Democratic leadership is functioning at an all-time low.

Recently, the US Department of Justice initiated an investigation into the Fulton County Jail, reportedly after a man died from being eaten alive by bed bugs.

Crime is rampant, and Atlantans are afraid to leave their homes out of fear for their lives.

Democrats supported defunding the police. I did not.

I voted with the Republican Party to keep local law-enforcement agencies intact to protect communities.

I voted to protect victims and families over lawless prosecutors that may use their office for personal gain versus advocating for the people they serve.

Better way forward

I also voted to support children that attend failing schools with parental or school-choice options.

The misconception that vouchers are for the wealthy is rhetorical nonsense magnified by opponents of school choice — often Democrats — who support the teachers unions over children.

• Love
Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News