ADVERTISEMENT

I worried I'm turning into Robin Ficker...

Lyco1990

Jan 14, 2014
I yelled and complained about that official more last night then I have ever, and I have been around the Sport since 1970. I have not re-watched the match yet but am I alone in thinking this guy was slow to call obvious stalls. Although I did see a call or two go in PSU's favor buy in my homer opinion I believe that he seemed to be trying to give the match to fOSU. Examples from my memory with my blue and white glasses are as follows.

1. Kuhn looked to have almost pinned Tomesello defensively twice and the official seemed to not even notice.

2. After Keener gave up two takedowns in the first, Phletcher never made an offensive move for the last 5 minutes of the match and received two stall calls, i've seen two stalls awarded in 20 seconds before. Am I Off base?.

3. McKenna deserved to win the match Nick made a freshmen mistake on the edge of the mat with short time, however, maybe a stall warning for lack of any offense for 1:45 in the third but I'm ok with that. This match a scramble position was stalemated for 20 seconds before the official called it at the end of the match but seemed that in the later matches stalemates (Other than Nickal) were called quicker.

4. Zain's match I could have sworn that the official award two nearfall on a four count. Any wow was he slow to award the points.

5. I am not sure about Campbell but Bo Jordan took exactly 0 shots in three periods. I counted. Campbell may have touched Joseph's leg once but I don't remember him shooting he did give one stall point in this match.

6. The scramble where is seemed as though Martin had the advantage was allowed to go on forever. Once Bo improved his position and seemed to be comming around it was stopped. Not saying it should not have been stopped just say 30 seconds earlier.

7. How many shots did Moore take in 3 periods. I believe he it tied with Bo Jordan. Again no offense and no action by official.

8. The potentially dangerous position Nick had on Capt. America had me cringing in my seat. Should have been stopped immediately but I'm still suffering from PTSD thanks Mr. Van Brill.

So. am I a Ficker?:(

I yelled and complained about that official more last night then I have ever, and I have been around the Sport since 1970. I have not re-watched the match yet but am I alone in thinking this guy was slow to call obvious stalls. Although I did see a call or two go in PSU's favor buy in my homer opinion I believe that he seemed to be trying to give the match to fOSU. Examples from my memory with my blue and white glasses are as follows.

1. Kuhn looked to have almost pinned Tomesello defensively twice and the official seemed to not even notice.

2. After Keener gave up two takedowns in the first, Phletcher never made an offensive move for the last 5 minutes of the match and received two stall calls, i've seen two stalls awarded in 20 seconds before. Am I Off base?.

3. McKenna deserved to win the match Nick made a freshmen mistake on the edge of the mat with short time, however, maybe a stall warning for lack of any offense for 1:45 in the third but I'm ok with that. This match a scramble position was stalemated for 20 seconds before the official called it at the end of the match but seemed that in the later matches stalemates (Other than Nickal) were called quicker.

4. Zain's match I could have sworn that the official award two nearfall on a four count. Any wow was he slow to award the points.

5. I am not sure about Campbell but Bo Jordan took exactly 0 shots in three periods. I counted. Campbell may have touched Joseph's leg once but I don't remember him shooting he did give one stall point in this match.

6. The scramble where is seemed as though Martin had the advantage was allowed to go on forever. Once Bo improved his position and seemed to be comming around it was stopped. Not saying it should not have been stopped just say 30 seconds earlier.

7. How many shots did Moore take in 3 periods. I believe he it tied with Bo Jordan. Again no offense and no action by official.

8. The potentially dangerous position Nick had on Capt. America had me cringing in my seat. Should have been stopped immediately but I'm still suffering from PTSD thanks Mr. Van Brill.

I found myself worried for Snyder during that PD position, too. It should have been stopped earlier.

Hey Lyco. Let me tell you something. No, you're not Robin Ficker.

Because (from appearances) you aren't an A**HOLE

Robin Ficker is a MASSIVE A$$HOLE

Robin Ficker was nearly disbarred by the state of Maryland for some unethical thing he did. In most states he would have been disbarred. He's SCUM. And a LOSER and an ATTENTION WHORE. He doesn't complain about the refs (which is merely what you're doing), he tries desperately to get attention.

I STRONGLY dislike that man.

Robin Ficker was nearly disbarred by the state of Maryland for some unethical thing he did. In most states he would have been disbarred. He's SCUM. And a LOSER and an ATTENTION WHORE. He doesn't complain about the refs (which is merely what you're doing), he tries desperately to get attention.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Was not aware of his unethical backround, I am surely not!!! I just like to give Big Ten officials a hard time. BTW took my wife out to breakfast this morning. I told her about my perception of a subpar wrestling official and she asked a question (shes not really into wrestling) Was it a Big 10 official? I'm like well yes. She responds well what did you expect. My wife is so much smarter than me. :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Was not aware of his unethical backround, I am surely not!!! I just like to give Big Ten officials a hard time. BTW took my wife out to breakfast this morning. I told her about my perception of a subpar wrestling official and she asked a question (shes not really into wrestling) Was it a Big 10 official? I'm like well yes. She responds well what did you expect. My wife is so much smarter than me. :)

Yeah, about his "unethical conduct," from Wikipedia

In 1990, Ficker was publicly reprimanded by the Maryland Court of Appeals upon a finding that he had violated ethical rules prohibiting neglect, engaged in conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice, and lack of diligence. In March, 1998, he was indefinitely suspended from the practice of law, with the right to reapply for admission after 120 days, arising from violations related to competence, diligence, fairness to opposing counsel and parties, supervising lawyers and conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice. In August, 1998, he was privately reprimanded by the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission for a violation related to competence. In January, 2002, he was privately reprimanded by the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission for a violation related to client communications. Ficker was again indefinitely suspended from the practice of law in 2007. A dissenting judge in the latest suspension commented, "If disbarment is not warranted in this case for these types of issues, with a respondent with this history, it will never be warranted." Ficker's law license was reinstated on December 8, 2008. Ficker became a real estate broker with his own company, Robin Realty, in 2008.

I don't know if I sounded like him or not. I couldn't hear myself yell, for all of the noise in that place.

I told her about my perception of a subpar wrestling official and she asked a question (shes not really into wrestling) Was it a Big 10 official? I'm like well yes. She responds well what did you expect. My wife is so much smarter than me. :)
That's really good. I am really saddened I did not think of it.

Lyco, are you completely and totally absorbed in yourself and ONLY YOURSELF? If not, then you are not Ficker, which is good news for you. BTW, Ficker was a no show at the PSU dual and every MD dual I have watched this year so he either lost interest or MD/Kerry finally decided he was harming instead of helping the program.

You mean you're not Robin Ficker?

I will say this much for Ol Robin

I was driving one time on that interstate out there in western Maryland. I-68? Anyway, once you get west of Hagerstown, all those towns out there - Hancock, Cumberland, etc - are in bad shape these days. Well, Ficker was running for Congress in the district that includes that area. I guess he learned about economic issues. Because his sign said, "Ficker for Congress - JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!!!!"

That made me laugh at the time!

Wish I new he was no longer attending MD matches. He was the deciding factor in me staying away.

Mr_Twister

Robin Ficker, recognized as one of sports greatest hecklers, is a Maryland Wrestling supporter. Wonder if he makes the trip to Yankees Stadium this year?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Ficker

=====

Can a world-class heckler help Maryland?​

OK Fickers and A$$hole and fOSU think im obnoxc
Mr_Twister

Robin Ficker, recognized as one of sports greatest hecklers, is a Maryland Wrestling supporter. Wonder if he makes the trip to Yankees Stadium this year?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Ficker

=====

Can a world-class heckler help Maryland?​

Kinda confused, you used a Rutgers thread... would that be boxing?

Ok. I’ve learned RF is an ASS. I am not self absorbed, therefore, not a RF. I’m happy... I have now reviewed the match.

1. Kuhn looked to have almost pinned Tomesello defensively twice and the official seemed to not even notice. Yep ref had no idea.

2. After Keener gave up two takedowns in the first, Phletcher never made an offensive move for the last 5 minutes of the match and received two stall calls, i've seen two stalls awarded in 20 seconds before. Am I Off base?. Yep no offense in five minutes and no stalls till not an impact.

3. McKenna deserved to win the match Nick made a freshmen mistake on the edge of the mat with short time, however, maybe a stall warning for lack of any offense for 1:45 in the third but I'm ok with that. This match a scramble position was stalemated for 20 seconds before the official called it at the end of the match but seemed that in the later matches stalemates (Other than Nickal) were called quicker. Yeah Nick needs to be smarter.

4. Zain's match I could have sworn that the official award two nearfall on a four count. Any wow was he slow to award the points. Ok 1/2 count.. 2count then 3.99count. 2pts?

5. I am not sure about Campbell but Bo Jordan took exactly 0 shots in three periods. I counted. Campbell may have touched Joseph's leg once but I don't remember him shooting he did give one stall point in this match. Saw match again and my channeling with Campbell... no throw. No throw.. single, no fk that, do not get thrown.

6. The scramble where is seemed as though Martin had the advantage was allowed to go on forever. Once Bo improved his position and seemed to be comming around it was stopped. Not saying it should not have been stopped just say 30 seconds earlier. Initial thoughts confirmed?

So. am I a Ficker?:([/QUOTE]

I’m worried that a great portion of the fan base is turning into RF type fans

I love Mr. that guy, hes a gem, but saturday was "interesting". I think some were yelling just to yell (as they find it funny and mocking the nuts in the midwest) or maybe the libations overtook their common sense. Either way it made for a FANtastic atmosphere!!!

He has been trying to get elected forever. I might vote for him, need some pain-in-the-asses in DC, it can't be worse. At least he likes wrestling.
He never paid any attention to wrestling until the Wizards kicked him out and barred him from coming to their games any more. He is an idiot who craves attention and that is why he does what he does.

He never paid any attention to wrestling until the Wizards kicked him out and barred him from coming to their games any more. He is an idiot who craves attention and that is why he does what he does.
He meets a huge requirement for a politician since he craves attention.

Reactions: PSU Mike
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT