ADVERTISEMENT

If Durkin is let go, who does Maryland hire for 2019?

I'll give you three names that MD should look in to and none are college guys.
1. Elijah Brooks head coach at Dematha
2. Biff Poggi head coach at St Frances
3. LaDawn Parrish head coach at Wise (Marcus Allen's HS)

Would hurt PSU recruiting in the DMV but those three could take over and all can recruit the best kids as they already do that.

I'll give you three names that MD should look in to and none are college guys.
1. Elijah Brooks head coach at Dematha
2. Biff Poggi head coach at St Frances
3. LaDawn Parrish head coach at Wise (Marcus Allen's HS)

Would hurt PSU recruiting in the DMV but those three could take over and all can recruit the best kids as they already do that.

LOL, Biff Poggi probably has better players at St. Frances. ;)

Reactions: flash86
The other thing that was being talked about this morning and again first I heard of it. Kevin Plank was not a Durkin fan. So I'm actually kind of surprised MD went ahead and hired him without the full support of a major, major donor.

If thats true then chances are Plank will probably be alot more involved with this hire. Read the tea leaves for whoever coach Plank is linked to.

Reactions: BBrown
If thats true then chances are Plank will probably be alot more involved with this hire. Read the tea leaves for whoever coach Plank is linked to.

That could be but the guys on the radio were saying that Plank's silence on all of this is damning.
Not to mention that Plank has some "issues" with his own brand.

My money is on Matt Canada. Big Ten graduate from Indiana with coaching stays at both Indiana and Wisconsin.

My money is on Matt Canada. Big Ten graduate from Indiana with coaching stays at both Indiana and Wisconsin.
Yeah and he comes from the Nardouche coaching tree... so he has that going for him which is nice.

Golden. Recruits jersey, Pa. and Virginia well. Clean as a whistle.
He just has to agree not to hire mark D.

I think they’d bring Locksley back before hiring Golden or a local high school coach. Probably should’ve just kept Locks

I'd love to see them bring in a dim bulb like Bret Bulemia or Big Al.

Maryland could potentially be good with the right coach. Bring in one of these mopes and you never have to worry about that happening.

Golden_exasperated_face.0.0.jpg

How do you get over 2-26 at New Mexico??
He can recruit the DMV and now has the added prestige over working under Saban. I don’t care what they do, just saying that they’d probably bring him back before Al Golden.

How do you get over 2-26 at New Mexico??

They will think he has been cured as he works for Saban now, but lets see if he is any good at playcalling. Locksley is actually 3-31 as a head coach counting his interm time at Maryland before.

They will think he has been cured as he works for Saban now, but lets see if he is any good at playcalling. Locksley is actually 3-31 as a head coach counting his interm time at Maryland before.
He should team up with Hue (1-31) Jackson. Between the two of them, they should be good for one win every other year.

Tee Martin?

Currently offensive coordinator at Southern Cal, but he's got family and business connections back East

Honestly, why would Narduzzi leave Pitt? He's just waiting things out until he goes back to Michigan State. He doesn't even have to win games at Pitt to be safe

It's a huge step forward with his career. To a better school, with a better stadium, a better history, a better fanbase, in a better conference. Even Maryland's hideous uniforms are better than Pitt's.

Golden. Recruits jersey, Pa. and Virginia well. Clean as a whistle.
He just has to agree not to hire mark D.

Let the media know... they would delight at destroying his reputation for ratings.

Locksley choked a coach at New Mexico and had a sexual harassment suit against him there as well. Cant see him setting a shot at UMB.

Neal Brown from Troy will get a big job after this season. Will end up at a Power 5 school for sure.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
[QUOTE="Delco Lion, post: 3608317, member: 80288"]Locksley choked a coach at New Mexico and had a sexual harassment suit against him there as well. Cant see him setting a shot at UMB.

Neal Brown from Troy will get a big job after this season. Will end up at a Power 5 school for sure.[/QUOTE]

But they (MD) had already brought him back in 2012-2015 as OC and Interim HC after Edsal and that was after his "stint" at NM.

IMO,

Mario Cristobal
Jeremy Pruitt
Greg Schiano
Schiano with a possible connection to Sandusky and on Meyer's staff is not a possibility at a school with its own scandal.

Pruitt is the HC at Tennessee. They are not dumping him after one year.

Cristobal is the HC at Oregon. They are not dumping him after one year.

Reactions: BBrown
I'd love to see them bring in a dim bulb like Bret Bulemia or Big Al.

Maryland could potentially be good with the right coach. Bring in one of these mopes and you never have to worry about that happening.

Golden_exasperated_face.0.0.jpg

Maybe we shouldn't trash one of our own. So he isn't the best coach. Few are. He's a stand-up guy. Few are.

Reactions: MJG-90 and sluggo72
Solid reference, but was McConaughey in Wildcats?
No. He was hired as coach at another program post-tragedy where they just needed SOMEBODY.

Initially, I just threw out the names. But with the wildcats song ringing in my head, I threw it in to tip some of the younger guys off. I guess it was a jumbled reference. sorry

That could be but the guys on the radio were saying that Plank's silence on all of this is damning.
Not to mention that Plank has some "issues" with his own brand.

Why would him being quiet be damning. He's probably embarrassed as heck as anyone connected to the program would be. I think the issues with his company are overblown.

Why would him being quiet be damning. He's probably embarrassed as heck as anyone connected to the program would be. I think the issues with his company are overblown.

I guess they felt he should be offering more support to the school itself as a major donor and alum. IDK I’m just telling you what they are saying on the radio down this way.

247 reporting that the big-dollar Maryland boosters are trying to save Durkin and threatening to withhold donations if the university fires him.

That could complicate things if they need to raise money for a Durkin buyout.

247 reporting that the big-dollar Maryland boosters are trying to save Durkin and threatening to withhold donations if the university fires him.

That could complicate things if they need to raise money for a Durkin buyout.

I wonder who they (big-dollar boosters) are? I know the radio guys here said that Kevin Plank didn't like Durkin.

But yea go ahead and retain him, seriously keep him. He sucks as a coach and no parent will want to send their kids there.

IMO both of theses scandals for OSU and MD have "tarnished" them but frankly OSU now has a better WR coach and MD probably has a better interim HC.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT