ADVERTISEMENT

If the Sooners do come back in this game....

will it be enough if OSU blows off the doors of Northwestern? Their offense looks sluggish.

No. It will be two SEC teams and two ACC teams. So two legit teams and two teams that wouldn't be good enough to win their Conference Championship games if Notre Dame was forced to play Clemson.

ESPN gets what they want.

Reactions: Eph97
will it be enough if OSU blows off the doors of Northwestern? Their offense looks sluggish.
I assume OSU makes the playoff if they win and Oklahoma and Georgia both lose.

A Texas win would probably move them above PSU in the BSC rankings.

I will be surprised if OSU blows out Northwestern, but then I was surprised when Purdue blew out OSU, and OSU blew out Michigan, and Michigan blew out Penn State, and Penn State blew out Pitt, and Pitt blew out Virginia Tech, and Virginia Tech blew out William and Mary (OK, that one did not surprise me).:)

My question about the Big 12 is whether or not Maryland would be in the championship game if they were in the conference. We already know they are better than Texas. They are capable of putting on a great one game performance (see O$U game) to beat Oklahoma and losing to the other two teams in the conference with a pulse- WVU and Oklahoma St. Man, the Big 12 is really hot garbage.

My question about the Big 12 is whether or not Maryland would be in the championship game if they were in the conference. We already know they are better than Texas. They are capable of putting on a great one game performance (see O$U game) to beat Oklahoma and losing to the other two teams in the conference with a pulse- WVU and Oklahoma St. Man, the Big 12 is really hot garbage.

We already know Maryland is better than Texas? So I guess two years ago Pitt might’ve won the Big Ten, since we already knew they were better than Penn State.

I know Maryland beat Texas, but I'm not sure how. Texas is much improved.

How would you determine that though? Their schedule is awful. They squeaked by Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State and Tulsa. I think Maryland would be favored over all of those teams. Maryland just has the unfortunate burden of being in the toughest division in college football.

We already know Maryland is better than Texas? So I guess two years ago Pitt might’ve won the Big Ten, since we already knew they were better than Penn State.

Follow college football more closely. They beat them head-to-head two years in a row. How else would one determine superiority?

Follow college football more closely. They beat them head-to-head two years in a row. How else would one determine superiority?

I follow plenty, you need to work on your logic. For starters, I think in college last year is irrelevant to this year, so no point citing that.

My point is spot on. If you think one team beating another means that team is better, without regard to any of the other games those teams played, then you think Pitt was a better team than Penn State two years ago. Which means you would question whether Pitt would've won the Big Ten using your logic about Maryland and the Big 12.

Oh, and Pitt was also better than Clemson that year, which I guess makes Pitt national champions (they likely already claim it).

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
No. It will be two SEC teams and two ACC teams. So two legit teams and two teams that wouldn't be good enough to win their Conference Championship games if Notre Dame was forced to play Clemson.

ESPN gets what they want.
A quasi-ACC team which isn't required to take the risk of losing a CCG.

Here’s how I see it playing out: If Alabama and Clemson win it’s: 1. Bama, 2. Clemson, 3. ND, 4. OK. If Bama loses a close one it’s 1. Clemson (yikes) 2. ND 3. Georgia 4. Alabama. At this point unless Clemson loses I don’t see how the committee jumps tOSU over OK or Alabama, even with a ‘Bama loss - provided it’s close. tOSU’s blowout loss to unranked Purdue will, I think, be the difference maker. If Clemson loses and everything else stays the same, it’s: 1. Bama, 2. ND, 3. OK and then maybe tOSU. I don’t think they’d put a two loss Georgia in over a 1 loss and BIG Champ tOSU even if Georgia’s losses are “better” and they look like the more complete team - which they do.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT