ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana ....another night game

If I am wrong, I apologize in advance, but I really think you are spewing a lot of misinformation.

I don't see anything anywhere that says the Indiana game is a "stripe out" game. Below is the link to the PSU press release about the kickoff and TV information for the Indiana game on Oct 2 - nothing here about a "stripe out".

Your link is to the 2015 Rutgers game. WTF???

You also replied that "yes", the ticket color determines whether you are in the blue or white section. Wrong - all the electronic tickets are blue, which is why I doubt PSU will try a "stripe out" - too difficult to try and coordinate colors by section when everyone's ticket is blue.

The "yes" was to him asking if it was a stripe out. I didn't spew anything jackass.

"Penn State football will have another night game at Beaver Stadium in the near future. The kick time for the Nittany Lions’ matchup with the Indiana Hoosiers was announced Monday afternoon and it will take place at 7:30 p.m. at Beaver Stadium on Oct. 2.

It will be Penn State’s second night game of the season after playing Auburn in the White Out game Saturday night.

The game — which is this season’s “Stripe Out” game — will air on ABC and will be a rematch of the season opener that sent the two teams in different directions in 2020. The Hoosiers beat the Nittany Lions, 36-35, which sent Penn State into a tailspin for five weeks. The program started 0-5 for the first time in program history but did manage to finish 4-5 on the season"

Furthermore, I posted the old article showing the seating map of stripe out section colors. Suck it.

The "yes" was to him asking if it was a stripe out. I didn't spew anything jackass.

"Penn State football will have another night game at Beaver Stadium in the near future. The kick time for the Nittany Lions’ matchup with the Indiana Hoosiers was announced Monday afternoon and it will take place at 7:30 p.m. at Beaver Stadium on Oct. 2.

It will be Penn State’s second night game of the season after playing Auburn in the White Out game Saturday night.

The game — which is this season’s “Stripe Out” game — will air on ABC and will be a rematch of the season opener that sent the two teams in different directions in 2020. The Hoosiers beat the Nittany Lions, 36-35, which sent Penn State into a tailspin for five weeks. The program started 0-5 for the first time in program history but did manage to finish 4-5 on the season"

Furthermore, I posted the old article showing the seating map of stripe out section colors. Suck it.
I was wrong and I apologize.

A noon game at Iowa is actually an 11:00 a.m. game local time for them. That would be big when it comes to the crowd

Reactions: NedFromYork
Funny story… I was talking to my wife tonight. You may recall me asking for feedback about the price her friend paid for tickets and parking pass for the Indiana game. I told her tonight that the Indiana game was a stripe out and night game, with every other section wearing blue or white. The news was on and she was doing something on her phone. She texted her friend to tell her that it was a night game and she had to wear stripes. LOL

Funny story… I was talking to my wife tonight. You may recall me asking for feedback about the price her friend paid for tickets and parking pass for the Indiana game. I told her tonight that the Indiana game was a stripe out and night game, with every other section wearing blue or white. The news was on and she was doing something on her phone. She texted her friend to tell her that it was a night game and she had to wear stripes. LOL
HNRniql.jpg

Ugh, there went my tickets - sold. The drive back to Hburg at 2 am is worth it for the white out once/year, but certainly not to watch teams like Indiana.
Who happened to beat us last season.. I think a primetime atmosphere is just what the doctor ordered for some payback for last year's botched ending in Bloomington!

Was at lunch with my wife when I saw the game time announcement and immediately got on Booking and scored rooms in Lamar. Man this year is busting the hotel room budget. Wisky, Auburn, Indiana, Maryland, and Michigan (don’t know game time yet but didn’t want to take a chance).

Was at lunch with my wife when I saw the game time announcement and immediately got on Booking and scored rooms in Lamar. Man this year is busting the hotel room budget. Wisky, Auburn, Indiana, Maryland, and Michigan (don’t know game time yet but didn’t want to take a chance).
🤣

Seriously tho:

Who happened to beat us last season.. I think a primetime atmosphere is just what the doctor ordered for some payback for last year's botched ending in Bloomington!
I hope our team remembers last year vividly and are out for blood. I want to see their over exuberant coach crying instead of jumping around.

Reactions: NittanyLion15
🤣

Seriously tho:

Thanks! Hotel in Lamar does not charge robber baron prices and we have stayed there before. We usually get off that exit and drive in on 64 to get to Lot 34. We are always early though. You going to Indiana? Stop by the shot clock if you are. We will also have cheese steaks (had a bunch left from Saturday’s extravaganza).

Thanks! Hotel in Lamar does not charge robber baron prices and we have stayed there before. We usually get off that exit and drive in on 64 to get to Lot 34. We are always early though. You going to Indiana? Stop by the shot clock if you are. We will also have cheese steaks (had a bunch left from Saturday’s extravaganza).
Can't blame you! We'll be there and try to get over to 🍻. I scored parking in 18 so if we get in early enough we'll try to find you.

Last year was the flukiest season in the history of college football, aka COVID-19. Indiana is not a good football team. I take last season with a very fine grain of salt

Reactions: odshowtime
You’re in the champagne section! We are by the sh***ers! :p We are always there by 8am for a night game or 3:30 game.
I was drunk bidding on Ebay and went way too high for the pass! 🤣 Leaving depends on when I can drag our 16 and 17 year old girls out of bed. Me screaming "game day" as loud as I can doesn't quite work as well as it used to!

We need your review of The Tavern. When are you leaving the empire in Tejas to visit provincial State College?
Pursuant to the FBI's eyewitness protection protocols, our family unit has been allowed to permanently relocate to multiple undisclosed locations. Some are northeasterly, some are southeasterly, while others are west-ish.

We were permitted to visit the Keystone state a number of times this past summer, including a couple of visits to State College (you have the best, most customer-friendly Home Depot I've ever visited and your Target is very nice, but navigating the commercial development called the Collonade is nothing other than an accident waiting to happen, but I digress), however, we weren't allowed to "dine out" nor do we desire to do so.

It's unfortunate that Spats has gone out of business. I don't know where you're ever going to find $27 Jambalaya that worthy, vendor paid or not, outside of Lafayette, LA. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mn78psu83
Was at lunch with my wife when I saw the game time announcement and immediately got on Booking and scored rooms in Lamar.
Who, in their right mind, purposely books a room in Lamar? The only people that stay there are overtired truckers and other undesirables.

You can't at least drive to Lock Haven? 🤷‍♂️

Who, in their right mind, purposely books a room in Lamar? The only people that stay there are overtired truckers and other undesirables.

You can't at least drive to Lock Haven? 🤷‍♂️
Why does it matter who would be in the area? It's not like you are going to be going out, it's just a bed to sleep in

Reactions: lazydave841
Shouldn’t all the pigs be fed by then? I wouldn’t think it would effect the crowd size too much.
Students struggle to get to kicka at noon .. let alone 11 am. Also, less tailgating and drinking to cause the fans to be rowdy (I realize your post was joking)

Why does it matter, it's just a bed to sleep in
I'm fussy about the places I stay and fellow clientele, especially when it comes to hotels. Lamar PA isn't one of those places.

Your neighbors are a Pilot Travel Center and a Flying J.

I'm fussy about the places I stay and fellow clientele, especially when it comes to hotels. Lamar PA isn't one of those places.

Your neighbors are a Pilot Travel Center and a Flying J.
Gotcha. Lamar has a Fairfield Inn and Hampton Inn (according to Google). On a game day weekend, I am sure that the clientele there is fine.

Reactions: Nitwit
Good point. I was assuming Iowa takes care of Maryland, but MD could potentially win that game.

I wasted about 2.5 hour watching MD. Their head coach is embarassing,their QB is road kill. Penn STATE will destrooy that theam by 21-28 points. IOWA???? GTFO!

Can't blame you! We'll be there and try to get over to 🍻. I scored parking in 18 so if we get in early enough we'll try to find you.
Well, my booking license has been revoked. I didn’t look and accidentally booked a hotel in Lamar, COLORADO!!! I was quick and was able to book a hotel in Burnham. Hope it meets BW Lion’s standards. :rolleyes: :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT