ADVERTISEMENT

Instrumentalist- singers

All the other guys you posted are frontmen! Sheesh!

The question didn't exclude "frontmen" whatever that is. So Lindsey Buckingham isn't a "frontman" of FM. Steve Winwood shared the vocals in Blind Faith and Traffic and played keyboards on the side of the stage while working with Dave Mason and Clapton. He didn't "front" either band.

The question didn't exclude "frontmen" whatever that is. So Lindsey Buckingham isn't a "frontman" of FM. Steve Winwood shared the vocals in Blind Faith and Traffic and played keyboards on the side of the stage while working with Dave Mason and Clapton. He didn't "front" either band.
Who did Winwood “share” the vocals with in Traffic? Capaldi sang very little lead in Traffic.
“Despite his key role in writing the band's material, Capaldi rarely did lead vocals with Traffic, and his lyrics were nearly always keyed towards Winwood's soulful voice rather than his own more hard-edged vocal style.”

Dude I'm not going to debate this anymore. The OP question speaks for itself. It's the question I answered. Peace. The names I listed were all really good instrumentalists and singers. PEACE.

How about band members who play but can also sing really well? I'm not talking about the frontman who once in awhile picks up a guitar and plays a few chords, but somebody whose playing is core to the band's sound but can also carry a song vocally.

People like:

Don Henley
Jack Bruce
Lindsey Buckingham
Christine McVie
Glenn Hughes

_zmbZnSj_400x400.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT