ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fan asks "Kasak Dirty?"

js8793

Dec 4, 2018
Obviously, not! However, in going back to rewatch some matches today I stumbled on this single leg finish against Watters where he does the exact same thing as Plott. He cranks it longer and farther against the joint than Plott.

Linked the videos below for those who claimed to have never seen this common finish against a shin whizzer.

The major difference is that Truax's knee pops and Watters' doesn't. Injuries suck, but we don't need to malign the intentions of hard working athletes.

Reactions: Split shot
Obviously, not! However, in going back to rewatch some matches today I stumbled on this single leg finish against Watters where he does the exact same thing as Plott. He cranks it longer and farther against the joint than Plott.

Linked the videos below for those who claimed to have never seen this common finish against a shin whizzer.

The major difference is that Truax's knee pops and Watters' doesn't. Injuries suck, but we don't need to malign the intentions of hard working athletes.
Really? That's what you guys have been reduced to? Defending OKLAHOMA STATE now is how deep your hate has become? Just wow.

For me the main difference is Tyler seems to be focusing more on bringing the knee up also whereas Plott hasn't lifted the knee off the mat and because of that the knee is basically planted on the mat, increasing the potential for injury as the foot is moved against the knee joint. I never was of the opinion Plott was deliberately trying to injure Truax, but I do believe the two techniques used by Tyler and Plott differ. I respect your opinion, though, and the time it took to put together your post with the video highlights. Speaking of the videos, how does one imbed a video where it starts at the time stamp you desire? TIA

Edit: In re-watching the videos, Plott actually has his hand and forearm planted on the mat, preventing Bernie's knee from moving with the outward force on the lower leg while Tyler has the leg lifted off the mat. Anatomically speaking, it makes sense to me how Plott's technique presents a greater risk of injury to an opponent's knee. One movement is going against the joint and the other is moving both upward and outward, allowing the defensive wrestler the ability to modify his position to prevent injury to his knee. I do find it fascinating to watch videos so intently to break down what is actually occurring. I also really enjoy the YouTube channel DPS Breakdowns. He does an excellent job breaking down specific wrestling techniques.

Last edited:
For me the main difference is Tyler seems to be focusing more on bringing the knee up also whereas Plott hasn't lifted the knee off the mat and because of that the knee is basically planted on the mat, increasing the potential for injury as the foot is moved against the knee joint. I never was of the opinion Plott was deliberately trying to injure Truax, but I do believe the two techniques used by Tyler and Plott differ. I respect your opinion, though, and the time it took to put together your post with the video highlights. Speaking of the videos, how does one imbed a video where it starts at the time stamp you desire? TIA
You right click the video and select "copy URL at this time" then paste the link wherever you want!

I get what you're saying. I think the video angle plays a part here. Bernie's knee is off the ground until the last moment as Plott tries to straighten the leg.

You are still on that. That was last week catch up

Nothing in Plott's history suggests he's a dirty wrestler. It was just an unfortunate position that Bernie got a little banged up in. That situation happens more and more in wrestling since the scrambling is so good now. Plus, Bernie came back to take 5th place, so I'm not sure what we're doing here.

Nothing in Plott's history suggests he's a dirty wrestler. It was just an unfortunate position that Bernie got a little banged up in. That situation happens more and more in wrestling since the scrambling is so good now. Plus, Bernie came back to take 5th place, so I'm not sure what we're doing here.
Making a point that had a shelf life of 2 hrs, with an inflammatory headline?

another quick look - to me it looks like Plott has more twisting action on the foot .... simple as that

Reactions: Chris Watts

Are you trying to win the Ironturd award for the 2024-25 season? You're off to a great start.

Are you trying to win the Ironturd award for the 2024-25 season? You're off to a great start.
youre-the-one-thats-gotta-tell-em-beth-dutton.gif

@WexfordWarrior

Last edited:
Reactions: Creek Side
You right click the video and select "copy URL at this time" then paste the link wherever you want!

I get what you're saying. I think the video angle plays a part here. Bernie's knee is off the ground until the last moment as Plott tries to straighten the leg.
Torque. Plott applies Kasak doesn’t. You guys are uneducated.

Truax knee had already been wrenched in the scramble on a Bernie shot before Plott went to work.

One of the videos above is "Amazing Tamil Facts Vlog."

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Thanks!

Wow, you sad little man.

Edit: In re-watching the videos, Plott actually has his hand and forearm planted on the mat, preventing Bernie's knee from moving with the outward force on the lower leg while Tyler has the leg lifted off the mat. Anatomically speaking, it makes sense to me how Plott's technique presents a greater risk of injury to an opponent's knee. One movement is going against the joint and the other is moving both upward and outward, allowing the defensive wrestler the ability to modify his position to prevent injury to his knee. I do find it fascinating to watch videos so intently to break down what is actually occurring. I also really enjoy the YouTube channel DPS Breakdowns. He does an excellent job breaking down specific wrestling techniques.

Arguing that Plott’s tactic wasn’t dirty is arguing with a wrestling staff that is not only probably the best in the world, but also probably b*tches the least about anything.

It was a different tactic completely and I honestly wonder if js is watching close enough to see the difference in that most (all?) shelving attempts allow the leg to give but Plott’s did not.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12

The difference is that one is moving the leg that pivots the knee like every other time in history that position has been wrestled. The other one the guy straightens and torques it against the joint like he’s driving a leg lace in Freestyle with his legs driving hard.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12

Its amzing how Kasak has improved just over the start of the season until the end. He can hit all of the moves. Love watching him wrestle.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

Aaah! Let the off season begin. Zzzzzzzz

Reactions: donboy6499
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT