ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa or OSU

Our game at Iowa was a night game with the Hawkeyes coming in undefeated. The crowd was jacked with eyes on a run to the conference championship. Since then they've lost three conference games and the OSU kickoff is in the afternoon. There won't be anywhere near the same energy in Kinnick for OSU as there was for PSU. I think OSU wins going away but last year Iowa had four losses when they beat Michigan. We'll see....

I have a feeling Iowa might pull this one out. I don't see JTB having back to back good games.
Well, JTB has already had back to back good games. Against Nebraska, OSU's opponent before PSU, Barrett was 27-33 passing with 5 TDs and no interceptions. He also ran for two scores. His totals for the game were 373 yards and 7 TDs.

Reactions: Scarlet.Buckeye
This is the definition of a trap game for Ohio State.. Ferentz will try and shorten the game like he did with PSU and have a chance at the end. Iowa has a win over Ohio State, almost beat us, lost by 7 to Sparty, lost in OT to Northwestern.. they are a pretty good football team. this type of game would salvage their season. They'll be ready to play. If OSU isn't at the start.. well you never know

Correction: Barrett has had back to back to back to back to back good games, the most recent trending upwards and lights out. Don't discount Penn State and JTB's performance.

Much appreciation for JT.
2014: 203-314 (64.6%), 34 TD, 10 INT, 2834 yards (236.2 yds/gm, 9.0 yds/att), 938 yards rushing (78.2 yds/gm), 11 TD [12 games]

2015: 97-147 (63.3%), 11 TD, 4 INT, 992 yards (90.2 yds/gm, 6.7 yds/att), 682 yards rushing (62.0 yds/gm), 11 TD [11 games]

2016: 233-379 (61.5%), 24 TD, 7 INT, 2555 yards (196.5 yds/gm, 6.7 yds/att), 845 yards rushing (65.0/gm), 9 TD [13 games]

2017: 171-246 (69.5%), 25 TD, 1 INT, 2166 yards (270.8 yds/gm, 8.8 yds/att), 454 yards rushing (56.8 yds/gm), 5 TD [8 games]

2017 Pace: 3500+ passing, 40+ TD, 700 yards rushing, 8 TD

Much appreciation for JT.
2014: 203-314 (64.6%), 34 TD, 10 INT, 2834 yards (236.2 yds/gm, 9.0 yds/att), 938 yards rushing (78.2 yds/gm), 11 TD [12 games]

2015: 97-147 (63.3%), 11 TD, 4 INT, 992 yards (90.2 yds/gm, 6.7 yds/att), 682 yards rushing (62.0 yds/gm), 11 TD [11 games]

2016: 233-379 (61.5%), 24 TD, 7 INT, 2555 yards (196.5 yds/gm, 6.7 yds/att), 845 yards rushing (65.0/gm), 9 TD [13 games]

2017: 171-246 (69.5%), 25 TD, 1 INT, 2166 yards (270.8 yds/gm, 8.8 yds/att), 454 yards rushing (56.8 yds/gm), 5 TD [8 games]

2017 Pace: 3500+ passing, 40+ TD, 700 yards rushing, 8 TD

Will you be mad if he doesn't win the Heisman?

Reactions: Scarlet.Buckeye
Our game at Iowa was a night game with the Hawkeyes coming in undefeated. The crowd was jacked with eyes on a run to the conference championship. Since then they've lost three conference games and the OSU kickoff is in the afternoon. There won't be anywhere near the same energy in Kinnick for OSU as there was for PSU. I think OSU wins going away but last year Iowa had four losses when they beat Michigan. We'll see....

Beyond that ... the PSU game was played on a really screwed up turf and obviously did not bring foot gear along that worked with 6 inches of soft dust as turf. I too think OSU destroys IOWA unless they have a huge emotional let down after this past weeks game. Even if they do, I still like OSU as 21 point favorites.

We're screwed either way, because if OSU loses to anyone other than Michigan or Wisconsin, both of whom must run the table, then our loss looks worse.

I have a feeling Iowa might pull this one out. I don't see JTB having back to back good games.
Other people have pointed it out, but just to complete. Since Oklahoma JT Barrett is: 132/176 (75%), 1679 yards (280/game), 22 TDs, 0 INTs, with 56 rushes for 327 yards (5.8/rush) and 4 TDs. You're not going to find many 6 game stretches better than that.

if it was at night Id give Iowa a punchers chance

3:30 kickoff , OSU wins fairly easily

Other people have pointed it out, but just to complete. Since Oklahoma JT Barrett is: 132/176 (75%), 1679 yards (280/game), 22 TDs, 0 INTs, with 56 rushes for 327 yards (5.8/rush) and 4 TDs. You're not going to find many 6 game stretches better than that.

For more context, that's against Army, Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, UNLV and Penn State.

Reactions: Mixolydian
For more context, that's against Army, Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, UNLV and Penn State.
Yes the competition until this week was, to put it nicely, lacking. However he's played 6.5 good games this year out of 8 so saying that he can't play back to back good games is a little ridiculous. Iowa is 69th in passing yards allowed, behind Rutgers, Indiana, Penn State. Army, and Nebraska, so it's not like they've been the no fly zone this year.

depending on where PSU comes in tonight, it may just be in PSU's best interest to just have OSU win out. I do believe in the Jerry Palm path

Last edited:
Most likely scenario for us is the Rosie Palm path. But we can hope.

Simplest route, although not likely is OSU loses two out of 3 to Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan and we win out. Michigan accomplished it last year.. would love to have the same scenario on the final day rooting instead for Michigan. Not winning the conference makes it awfully tough with our crappy non conference games. It can happen but I don't think it matters who loses among those that have one or two losses just that everyone but 3 others has 2 in the L column.

Correction: Barrett has had back to back to back to back to back good games, the most recent trending upwards and lights out. Don't discount Penn State and JTB's performance.
Look for them to run at will.It will not be close.They are just too good for Iowa

This is the definition of a trap game for Ohio State.. Ferentz will try and shorten the game like he did with PSU and have a chance at the end. Iowa has a win over Ohio State, almost beat us, lost by 7 to Sparty, lost in OT to Northwestern.. they are a pretty good football team. this type of game would salvage their season. They'll be ready to play. If OSU isn't at the start.. well you never know

They have a win over Ohio State already? Wow, I did not know that. Interesting playing them twice in one season!

Yes the competition until this week was, to put it nicely, lacking. However he's played 6.5 good games this year out of 8 so saying that he can't play back to back good games is a little ridiculous. Iowa is 69th in passing yards allowed, behind Rutgers, Indiana, Penn State. Army, and Nebraska, so it's not like they've been the no fly zone this year.

It's good to see a man in his 10th year in the program finally grasp the offense! lol
Just busting on you.... JTB seems like a heck of a teammate and consummate competitor. I am glad he is having success, just wish it had not been against us.

It's good to see a man in his 10th year in the program finally grasp the offense! lol
Just busting on you.... JTB seems like a heck of a teammate and consummate competitor. I am glad he is having success, just wish it had not been against us.

Lol. As an OSU fan I appreciate the jokes and the nice words about Barrett. I will say it’s not so much that he has finally grasped the offense, it’s the coaches are finally running an offense that firs his skill set. He’s not a drop back pocket passer like they tried to make him at times in 2015 and 2016. He’s not a Braxton Miller type QB who can dominate a game with designed runs. He’s a distributor who excels at reacting to the defense with his vision and instincts. Read option, pass option, and utilizing the crossing routes that the coaches have the receivers running right now fit perfectly.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
who has 2 thumbs and picked Iowa?

THIS GUY!

BuZRACWIEAI8nUC.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT