ADVERTISEMENT

It has taken awile, but I think I have figured something out

Status
Not open for further replies.

northwoods

Jun 25, 2001
As we all realize, and I don't envy our board monitors their options on this one, a lot of threads that start out somewhat "innocent", or are based on just about any current topic, soon break out into a right wing vs. left wing shouting match. Might I remind people that the MAJORITY of Americans identify as neither.

A minority of the voters who oppose Trump and today's Republican Party are actually far left Democrats, and a minority of the voters who oppose Biden and today's Democratic Party are actually far right Republicans. The rest of us represent, depending on the source, about 60% +/- of the electorate and identify as moderate Republicans, Independents, and conservative and/or moderate Democrats. All we tend to read and hear is the thunder from the far left and the thunder from the far right, but it is us who will determine the election. Personally, in 2016 I wish there was a choice "C" on my ballot --- none of the above (that's not so much true for me in 2020).

My point is that there are one hell of a lot of people that wouldn't listen to either Fox News OR MSNBC. Each is so biased that they have no credibility. I find the BBC Worldwide and BBC American news the best. The 60% +/- that will determine the election is heard from very little, but we have a lot of clout. Don't ignore the real "silent majority". If you simply read the comments to most of the posts over the past few weeks you might not know we exist.

And lest I sound like a hypocrite, I have responded to a few posts myself, most, but not all, from the far right, but both extremes terrify me. I'm one of many who have moved from voting Republican more to the center. But that does not mean to the far left --- and I have a lot of company.

Can we discuss with civility, or is this post destined for the scrap heap?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News