ADVERTISEMENT

Jan Johnson

raslen007

Feb 19, 2012
I live in the District III area so I have been fortunate enough to see Jan wrestle often. It goes to his character that he is willing to go out and compete giving up a slight advantage in a sport that is designed to even the playing field by using weight classes. This kid was a top national recruit out of high school and is struggling with guys I feel he would beat if he had a full year in the room.

My question is does anyone knows if this is a once and done venture for him? Any chance he may want to put in more mat time and see where things go? I suppose with Neville's coming back and football being his 1st choice that may just be the answer.

I live in the District III area so I have been fortunate enough to see Jan wrestle often. It goes to his character that he is willing to go out and compete giving up a slight advantage in a sport that is designed to even the playing field by using weight classes. This kid was a top national recruit out of high school and is struggling with guys I feel he would beat if he had a full year in the room.

My question is does anyone knows if this is a once and done venture for him? Any chance he may want to put in more mat time and see where things go? I suppose with Neville's coming back and football being his 1st choice that may just be the answer.

I'm pretty sure your supposition in your last sentence will be how things play out -- at least with respect to which sport he focuses on.

I recall reading at the time that he'd expressed concern about the decision to wrestle impacting his eventual return to football, eligibility-wise, and was given assurances he'd be able to.

I recall reading at the time that he'd expressed concern about the decision to wrestle impacting his eventual return to football, eligibility-wise, and was given assurances he'd be able to.

Today, two PSU Linebackers just announced their intent to transfer, Troy Reeder (Delaware) and Gary Wooten (Duquesne). They are very thin at LB and my guess is they would probably like to have him back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT