ADVERTISEMENT

"Jerry Van Dyke, comedian and actor, dead at age 86"

T J

May 29, 2001
Jerry Van Dyke, comedian and actor, dead at age 86

By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

Video
Comedian Jerry Van Dyke dies at age 86

Jerry Van Dyke, comedian, actor and younger brother of Dick Van Dyke, died Friday afternoon at his Arkansas home at the age of 86.

Jerry Van Dyke was a well-known comedian who performed at various military bases and appeared on television programs. The comedian made his debut on his brother’s hit show, “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and also appeared on “The Ed Sullivan Show” and “The Judy Garland Show.”

Van Dyke was also known for his role on “Coach” where he played Assistant Coach Luther Van Dam. The role garnered him four Emmy nominations. His latest television appearance was on ABC’s hit show “The Middle" in 2015.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...n-dyke-comedian-and-actor-dead-at-age-86.html

Video

Jerry Van Dyke, comedian, actor and younger brother of Dick Van Dyke, died Friday afternoon at his Arkansas home at the age of 86.

Jerry Van Dyke was a well-known comedian who performed at various military bases and appeared on television programs. The comedian made his debut on his brother’s hit show, “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and also appeared on “The Ed Sullivan Show” and “The Judy Garland Show.”

Van Dyke was also known for his role on “Coach” where he played Assistant Coach Luther Van Dam. The role garnered him four Emmy nominations. His latest television appearance was on ABC’s hit show “The Middle" in 2015.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...n-dyke-comedian-and-actor-dead-at-age-86.html

We hardly knew ye, Berfurt.

Video

I enjoyed him on Coach. Rest in peace.

A dirt bag who abandoned his young son. POS.
I am not doubting you Mary, but I have read a dozen pieces about Jerry since I heard of his death and in none of them, nor in anything else I can find, does it mention he abandoned his young son. It does mention his divorce, which apparently occurred when his son was young, but little about the circumstances. While I am not looking to cast aspersions on the recently departed, since you raised the issue, perhaps you could elaborate.

One of my favorite TV moments is the Coach episode where everyone talks Luther into attending a family reunion or gathering after he hadn't had any contact with the family for years. At the reunion he makes the statement that no one even looks like him, and just then Dick Van Dyke walks by in the background.

Reactions: PaFootbalGuy
One of my favorite TV moments is the Coach episode where everyone talks Luther into attending a family reunion or gathering after he hadn't had any contact with the family for years. At the reunion he makes the statement that no one even looks like him, and just then Dick Van Dyke walks by in the background.

Afterwards, Jerry said he wasn't going to be able to help carry Dick's career forever

Interesting , All The Right Moves is on, watching Craig T Nelson and his different '' coaching '' styles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT