ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy about to kick Wannys...

Saw the exchange. It got a bit personal between Wanny and JF but not a big deal. I doubt anyone other than PSU fans even noticed. JF handled It

Reactions: m48tank
Saw the exchange. It got a bit personal between Wanny and JF but not a big deal. I doubt anyone other than PSU fans even noticed. JF handled It

True.....except for Rutgers fans. They have a thread titled FRANKLIN with over 30 joyous reply's on how Wanny trashed the "penis head".

Wanny's just jealous because CJF perfected the WALL!

Dominate the state, CJF is doing it...Look at the last 2 recruiting classes PSU has had just about every PA kid we want while sPITT is left for the leftovers!

Didnt see the game, but guessing this is much ado about nothing. At the very least, this was an opportunity to put our very best spokesperson front and center talking about Penn State during the Big Ten Conf Championship Game. That anyone's talking about us is a win for PSU. Especially with Shane Simmons' twitter clip being televised to a national audience.

Just like the Iowa band chanting "We Are Penn State" during Zombie Nation and the OSU student section wearing shirts saying the same, I say take the free publicity and enjoy it.

It is much ado about nothing. wanny was giving Franklin a hard time, but it wasn't malicious, and Franklin played along well. Franklin handled himself well. wanny is a clown on TV, and not simply because he gave Franklin a hard time. wanny is just a clown.

It is much ado about nothing. wanny was giving Franklin a hard time, but it wasn't malicious, and Franklin played along well. Franklin handled himself well. wanny is a clown on TV, and not simply because he gave Franklin a hard time. wanny is just a clown.
Exactly. Franklin has to expect a ribbing when he goes on national TV a week after his team got its doors blown off by MSU. Wanny was just acknowledging what we all thought anyway.

I was surprised Frankin made the appearance. One could argue it was poor timing.

Exactly. Franklin has to expect a ribbing when he goes on national TV a week after his team got its doors blown off by MSU. Wanny was just acknowledging what we all thought anyway.

I was surprised Frankin made the appearance. One could argue it was poor timing.

Franklin is outgoing and likes the spotlight. He probably didn't expect wanny to be an idiot (maybe he doesn't know him very well), but I'm sure he thought being on TV was good for Penn State, especially right after the bad loss. It's a way to say "Penn State and I are still here", and it's potentially good for recruiting. Regardless, I liked it. There's no way I watch the pre-game show otherwise.

Reactions: m48tank
Jimmy franks would jump at the chance to coach the Bears or Dolphins

There will be no respite for PSU blowing Pitt's doors off in recruiting. You can keep hoping though.

d7261231e6d9969c6ce391ead21a34e8.jpg

My response was related to the Wannabe comment. Wannstedt was the head coach of 2 NFL teams so the comment made zero sense.

Franklin is a college coach and turned down the chance to interview for the Skins and Browns jobs to take the PSU job. Your comment made zero sense.

Jimmy franks would jump at the chance to coach the Bears or Dolphins
That's what you're hoping, right? You're hoping this because you know that whoever is at Pitt won't be able to compete with Franklin recruiting wise. And it's interesting that you're talking about Franklin moving on to the NFL as, since he doesn't have any coaching experience in the NFL, the only way this would happen is if he made Penn State a perennial top-5 or top-10 power. Thanks for your insight, this made my day.

That's what you're hoping, right? You're hoping this because you know that whoever is at Pitt won't be able to compete with Franklin recruiting wise. And it's interesting that you're talking about Franklin moving on to the NFL as, since he doesn't have any coaching experience in the NFL, the only way this would happen is if he made Penn State a perennial top-5 or top-10 power. Thanks for your insight, this made my day.

One year as Packers WR coach, I believe, but the point stands.

Franklin is not a NFL head coach by any measure right now. Recruiting is not a measure of anything except you can sell the program. Thus far no one is beating down his door here. Right now three teams in the Big Ten east are better and four teams in the BIg Ten west are better. Iowa, Wisky, Nebraska and Northwestern. Tough to leapfrog teams as Franklin will discover.

Franklin is not a NFL head coach by any measure right now. Recruiting is not a measure of anything except you can sell the program. Thus far no one is beating down his door here. Right now three teams in the Big Ten east are better and four teams in the BIg Ten west are better. Iowa, Wisky, Nebraska and Northwestern. Tough to leapfrog teams as Franklin will discover.

Worry about Pitt. You are recruiting at about 4 standard deviations behind FSU and Clemson.

Reactions: Mixolydian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT