ADVERTISEMENT

John Doe's information is not from PSU coaches/staff

Dogwelder

Aug 1, 2013
From another thread
First of all... I never leaked the Lee or Hall announcement. And after this nonsense, I surely won't ever again. Seems guys [...] are a little ( a lot ) jealous that someone other than them has good information. Nothing EVER comes from Cael or the staff. It's crap like this that makes good posters not post anymore. It's a shame because it assures that a lot of good information will never be shared.

Hi Everyone, while I'm figuring out how to delete another thread that was based on wrong information, I want to preserve the main result from it (quoted above), which is that John Doe says his information never comes from Cael or the staff. To me, John's post was the best result from the other thread, because John's information has always seemed very accurate, and I was getting paranoid about where the information was coming from.

Last edited:
while I'm figuring out how to delete another thread that was based on wrong information

I deleted the other thread, as you had changed the subject to Delete.

As for deleting an entire thread, answer this for me:

when you view this thread, which you started, do you see above your OP a small wrench, and a down arrow next to it? (Please answer this.) If so, you would click on the arrow (or hover over it), and a menu should appear, and one of the options should be delete. If that's the case, then select delete and any post that you make should be deleted.

The reason I ask the question is that I don't have the ability to log on to the board as a something other than a monitor, so what I see is not the same as what non-monitors see.

I deleted the other thread, as you had changed the subject to Delete.

As for deleting an entire thread, answer this for me:

when you view this thread, which you started, do you see above your OP a small wrench, and a down arrow next to it? (Please answer this.) If so, you would click on the arrow (or hover over it), and a menu should appear, and one of the options should be delete. If that's the case, then select delete and any post that you make should be deleted.

The reason I ask the question is that I don't have the ability to log on to the board as a something other than a monitor, so what I see is not the same as what non-monitors see.
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your help!

I see the wrench, but when I click it, there are only two choices: "Edit Title" and "Add Poll". And next to the wrench (without pushing anything) are only two other irrelevant ~buttons: "Unwatch Thread" and "Post New Thread".

Thank you again!

I see the wrench, but when I click it, there are only two choices: "Edit Title" and "Add Poll". And next to the wrench (without pushing anything) are only two other irrelevant ~buttons: "Unwatch Thread" and "Post New Thread".

Hmm, so the delete thread option via the wrench menu is only available to monitors. Good to know.

Not so much on this board, but I see on other BWI boards that some folks have figured out how to delete an OP (I believe it disappears from a user's view, but in a monitor's view I see a line indicating that a post by ABC was deleted by ABC.) So there must be a way for people to delete an OP. I'll keep checking to see if I can learn what the mechanism is.

Hmm, so the delete thread option via the wrench menu is only available to monitors. Good to know.

Not so much on this board, but I see on other BWI boards that some folks have figured out how to delete an OP (I believe it disappears from a user's view, but in a monitor's view I see a line indicating that a post by ABC was deleted by ABC.) So there must be a way for people to delete an OP. I'll keep checking to see if I can learn what the mechanism is.
They may be able to delete it before it is replied to. This forum doesn't allow posters to delete others' posts which is what would happen if we could delete threads we started that others posted on.

They may be able to delete it before it is replied to. This forum doesn't allow posters to delete others' posts which is what would happen if we could delete threads we started that others posted on.

I thought that might be a factor. It certainly is possible for OPs to delete posts to which nobody has responded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT