ADVERTISEMENT

Judge Culpepper's highlight video makes me think he could play TE

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
in short yardage and goal line situations, in addition to playing DT/DE. He has good hands and is a good blocker too. By his sophomore year he will be 280 lbs at a minimum. Another weapon of sorts? I love this commitment. He will leave his mark on the program when all is said and done.

Hopefully, he will be a monster on D. He has parents who know how to train and enjoy an intense physical lifestyle. If he is a chip off of the old blocks.....he will be a force.

He was originally a TE recruit WAY back when he first came in the radar of many teams.

He was originally a TE recruit WAY back when he first came in the radar of many teams.

maybe but we've got two four star TE's in this class with Kuntz (6-7, 230 lbs) and Friermuth (6-4, 250 lbs). Assuming they pan out, we've got TE covered pretty well. My guess is that they have him concentrate on learning both DE and DT positions.

As an aside, in his interview with BWI, he pretty much confirmed he was recruited as a DT.

in short yardage and goal line situations, in addition to playing DT/DE. He has good hands and is a good blocker too. By his sophomore year he will be 280 lbs at a minimum. Another weapon of sorts? I love this commitment. He will leave his mark on the program when all is said and done.

Judge mentioned the other day during his commitment interview that he was already weighing 265 lbs. He is working out big time every day. This kid is just hitting his growth spurt, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him at between 295-305 in a couple years.

Judge mentioned the other day during his commitment interview that he was already weighing 265 lbs. He is working out big time every day. This kid is just hitting his growth spurt, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him at between 295-305 in a couple years.
Even if he stays under 280, with that athleticism he could remind people of another Anthony Zettel at DT. I would take that!

maybe but we've got two four star TE's in this class with Kuntz (6-7, 230 lbs) and Friermuth (6-4, 250 lbs). Assuming they pan out, we've got TE covered pretty well. My guess is that they have him concentrate on learning both DE and DT positions.
Oh yeah, he is definitely playing DL here, I was just pointing out that he was a TE early in the process.

Judge has a big frame. I certainly believe that he will grow more than the 276 lbs. or so that Zettle weighed. He will probably report next year at that weight or more.

I meant he could be utilized in short yardage situations as a TE, but as a blocker and an unexpected receiver.

I definitely want him as DT full time, with the above scenario as an occasional surprise look for the offense.

Culpepper = redshirt then DT.

He will be close to 300 the day he gets to campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT