ADVERTISEMENT

Just a quick word with some old friends

JudgeDD

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2010
A little late, but congratulations to the entire Nittany Lion family on the season and a wonderful bowl win. I watched every game (though many on tape delay) and have stayed up on the inside scoop through my son. And speaking of Derek Jr, he has now finished with his internship with the PSU Strength and Conditioning staff. It was a fantastic year for him. He loved the job, he learned a lot, and I hope that he added to the program with his knowledge, playing experience, and enthusiasm. I think he has truly found his calling with the strength coaching community.

As an update--as some of you may be interested--Derek is now working at Marshall University as an assistant strength coach. We just were talking one day and he said that he knows he needs to put in time as a young coach. Build his resume, learn, and make professional connections. He said he had to be somewhere doing that, and anywhere he went he would be on their schedule, and miss all of his brother's games. Derek said he might as well be on Marshall's schedule and get to experience Jordan's final year with him. As a dad, I'm thrilled for both of them. As a dad, I'm also hoping they don't kill each other. I'm sure it will all work out fine.

No one deserved the season Penn State had more than the awesome people I met on this forum. I now have no connection to PSU, but I will always be a fan, and feel a part of a special community here on this board. I'm sure I'll pop in from time to time. But even when I'm not posting, know that you are all in my thoughts. Thank you for the love and support you have given to my family, and especially my son. We Are...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News