ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw our future strength of schedule took a hit....

kijana

May 29, 2001
...last night. Buffalo was ahead the whole game but ended up losing by a point in the MAC championship game.

...last night. Buffalo was ahead the whole game but ended up losing by a point in the MAC championship game.

Buffalo is a pretty good team, the best in the MAC this season, so really good comeback by an above average NIU team to win. NIU had a tough out-of-conference schedule that gave them 3 of their 5 losses. They got better as the season progressed. Still, Buffalo should have held on and won.

Buffalo will probably take a step back next season, as their best WR is done after this season. Their freshman and other RB are good, tough runners, but we should be able to control the LOS on both sides. The QB is huge, and can hurt the opposition in a couple ways, but his accuracy under pressure is suspect at best. We should be able to pressure him, and maybe that will cause us to give up a couple of good runs by him, but we will win the bigger battles overall. They most likely will not be App. State 2018, but they won't be Kent State 2018 either. Maybe they will be Pitt of Sept. 2018.

So, Buffalo could be our top OOC opponent (out of really just 2 contenders!) unless Pitt is significantly better in Sept. 2019 than they were in Sept. 2018. I don't know what Pitt loses and what they have coming back, or more so, transferring in. I know that we have the core of a team who should handle all 3 of our OOC games with very solid wins next Sept.

Buffalo is a pretty good team, the best in the MAC this season, so really good comeback by an above average NIU team to win. NIU had a tough out-of-conference schedule that gave them 3 of their 5 losses. They got better as the season progressed. Still, Buffalo should have held on and won.

Buffalo will probably take a step back next season, as their best WR is done after this season. Their freshman and other RB are good, tough runners, but we should be able to control the LOS on both sides. The QB is huge, and can hurt the opposition in a couple ways, but his accuracy under pressure is suspect at best. We should be able to pressure him, and maybe that will cause us to give up a couple of good runs by him, but we will win the bigger battles overall. They most likely will not be App. State 2018, but they won't be Kent State 2018 either. Maybe they will be Pitt of Sept. 2018.

So, Buffalo could be our top OOC opponent (out of really just 2 contenders!) unless Pitt is significantly better in Sept. 2019 than they were in Sept. 2018. I don't know what Pitt loses and what they have coming back, or more so, transferring in. I know that we have the core of a team who should handle all 3 of our OOC games with very solid wins next Sept.
Only delousional Pitt fans are excited about what Pitt has coming back.

Pitt's got huge graduation losses after this year, and they will be replacing them with mainly recruits that nobody else wanted. They surprised this year, though, with an OL that looked like a JC quality crew in terms of talent, so you never know.

Pitt's got huge graduation losses after this year, and they will be replacing them with mainly recruits that nobody else wanted. They surprised this year, though, with an OL that looked like a JC quality crew in terms of talent, so you never know.
From a talent standpoint, we will be better than this year and pitt will be worse. Also, we are playing at home and CJF hates them and hates Narduzzi. I expect a 75 - 10 type trashing in hopefully the final game we ever play against the pitters.

I could see a thrashing as well, so long as the weather cooperates. However, JF made his point last year with 51-6, and I'm not sure he would see the need to worsen that.

It's certainly true that on paper, the talent disparity next year is going to be enormous.

Reactions: joro
So, right now in the transfer portal are

Jackson
Wimbush
Fields
...and soon to be....Hurts.

Amongst others....

This could be an interesting offseason...

If all the names on the portal become available I think there'd be a lot of shock. I'm guessing some guys just throw their name out there to see if there's interest.

Add Kelly Bryant going to Missouri as well. I will be interesting to see how he does. Hell, Missouri got their 2020 QB too with TCU's Shawn Robinson.

So which QB will go to OU and become the third transfer-in / Heisman Trophy winner in a row?

Buffalo may have just turned cupcake

Its an interesting twist. Kid has graduated. So is he looking to get into a bigger program to boost his draft status? He is 6-7 and 245 lbs. Wonder if he should just go pro? He's from Michigan but Michigan, MSU, and tOSU don't need a qb. Pitt? Syracuse?

Its an interesting twist. Kid has graduated. So is he looking to get into a bigger program to boost his draft status? He is 6-7 and 245 lbs. Wonder if he should just go pro? He's from Michigan but Michigan, MSU, and tOSU don't need a qb. Pitt? Syracuse?
OSU might need a QB, pending Haskin's decision.

How about West by Gawd?

OSU might need a QB, pending Haskin's decision.

How about West by Gawd?
tOSU has a pretty good backup in Tate Martell. But with Urb's departure, may go in another direction. Martell is a runner who is not 6' tall but a heck of an athlete. Also, word is, the kid from GA is going to go there....don't know if that is true or not. This kid will want a guaranteed starting spot. Wisconsin, maybe? Iowa?

Highly inaccurate QB at this point. Great arm and size, but definitely needs a little more seasoning. Not sure transferring to a bigger program is the way to go, as it may invite more scrutiny. But everyone is free to make their own decision.

Highly inaccurate QB at this point. Great arm and size, but definitely needs a little more seasoning. Not sure transferring to a bigger program is the way to go, as it may invite more scrutiny. But everyone is free to make their own decision.

Could turn out to be the worst transfer decision since Danny O'Brien moved from Maryland to Wisconsin.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
No matter....Buffalo is on the rise.
Joke all you want but there's poster here (he knows who he is) who a few short years ago claimed a SUNY-Buffalo move into the B1G was imminent. Crazy realignment rumors. Some things will never change.

MSU needs one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT