ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields pick of Georgia seems to lack logic

PSU Soupy

Aug 3, 2008
I am over Fields leaving PSU but to go to Georgia with a starting true freshman that is the leader of his team seems like an odd choice.

I have not seen much of Georgia this year but Fromm their QB looks exactly what Bama has had at their helm for the last 15 years. It seems as if GA is copying the Alabama system of defense and running the ball and Fromm looks like a 3 or 4 year starter.

Florida, Florida State, USC, seem without much study to be more logical decisions.

Whatever good luck to the kid.

Reactions: nittanyjoe
I am over Fields leaving PSU but to go to Georgia with a starting true freshman that is the leader of his team seems like an odd choice.

I have not seen much of Georgia this year but Fromm their QB looks exactly what Bama has had at their helm for the last 15 years. It seems as if GA is copying the Alabama system of defense and running the ball and Fromm looks like a 3 or 4 year starter.

Florida, Florida State, USC, seem without much study to be more logical decisions.

If you go to a big time program you better be prepared for competition to play. They recruit 4 /5 star QB’s every year. Eason will probably transfer , Fields will be the backup play a little and start if Fromm is a pro prospect his second year.

If you go to a big time program you better be prepared for competition to play. They recruit 4 /5 star QB’s every year. Eason will probably transfer , Fields will be the backup play a little and start if Fromm is a pro prospect his second year.
Fromm seems to be a really great college QB maybe not a Darnold level talent who just may stay 4 years.

But he's a better runner, therefore he'd be a better QB.

Would be interesting if the running backs coach who recruited him ends up being hired by PSU.

Agree. Fields could easily start his career behind a QB who just led his team to a national championship as a freshman. Barring injury, It’s going to be near impossible to pry Fromm out of that starting spot.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Agree. Fields could easily start his career behind a QB who just led his team to a national championship as a freshman. Barring injury, It’s going to be near impossible to pry Fromm out of that starting spot.
Yep. Barring injury Fields is looking at 2 instead of 3 years starting and not starting until his 4th year at school. A lot could happen (like Fromm leaving early) but anywhere else beside a school where the freshman led his team to the championship game would’ve probably been better in terms of getting early playing time

Fromm is a true freshman correct? So he has two years left. Can’t leave until after his Junior season. If redshirt then he could leave after next year.

From is a true frosh, Fields is looking at probably sitting for 2 years. Not sure how Eason fits into it but he was a big time recruit too. He could beat Fromm out for job next Aug.

Mann, if only he was still committed here.. just imagine: Fields, shorter, slate, Dotson, George, butts, Kuntz, Pat F.. apart from all the weapons we already have.. jeez! Ohh well!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT