ADVERTISEMENT

Kalen DeBoer

I think Saban had the same situation in his 1st year @ BAMA. They're not gonna jettison him after the season. They'll see how recruiting goes and how his teams do in the next two seasons.
Definitely not, but the team Saban inherited had nowhere near as much talent, four and five-star players, like DeBoer has.

Sorry, but Bama isn't winning a National Championship with Milroe as their starting QB - and I don't care if Saban or DeBoer is your HC. If Milroe is the best QB Bama has - no wonder Saban retired. He's not a good QB and if he's the best QB a team has (at the most important position in the game), that team is not winning any NC.

Maybe Bama will slowly sink back to the post-Bear years. They weren't great for about 25 years. Occasionally good but not elite.
Maybe NIL will prop them up.

....... not a very good coach.
You have to admit that Shula does have some expertise in this area.

Seriously though, that was a terrible decision to go for it on 4th down given the field position, distance required and time outs available at the time remaining in the game.

You have to punt and give your special teams and defense an opportunity to make a play. It probably didn't change the outcome of the game but you have to try.

JMO.....

I don't see them getting rid of him after one season. Well, it is the SEC. Maybe he'll take the USC job after Lincoln Riley is fired?
He coached in the championship game last year so….

AL lost a lot of talent when saban retired

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT