ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017
I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority but I think Kerkvliet is going to be better than Gable Steveson. A lot like Aaron Brooks, every time I see Kerkvliet he seems to have jumped another level. His longest match this weekend was 1 min and 3 sec!! Most were under 30 secs and he absolutely walked through junior trials as well. Gable did all of that as well obviously. They wrestled a 1 point match last year with Kerkvliet being a year younger. Kerkvliet is also going to be quite a bit bigger than Gable it looks like. He is still growing and has the frame to be massive. Gable is so good he might make me look like an idiot in about 5 years if we look back at this but in my gut I really feel like Kerkvliet is going to be the best heavyweight out of all of these kids coming up. That says a lot considering the amount of talent coming into college at heavyweight in the near future. Snacks, parris, cassioppi, Gable, hutmacher, Schultz. Pretty impressive amount of talent.

5-0, 5 TF, 51-0, 2:36 total time wrestling this weekend. Also made the Jr World team a couple weeks ago.
Steveson also made the Jr World team, and is the #4 Senior HWT as a 17yo.
The future is bright at HWT.

Kerk is a total monster. Smith got a real good one.

Should also note that 1:36 of those matches were Hunter Catka in the finals. The other 3 guys lasted 0:15, 0:29, and 0:17 respectively.

I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority but I think Kerkvliet is going to be better than Gable Steveson. A lot like Aaron Brooks, every time I see Kerkvliet he seems to have jumped another level. His longest match this weekend was 1 min and 3 sec!! Most were under 30 secs and he absolutely walked through junior trials as well. Gable did all of that as well obviously. They wrestled a 1 point match last year with Kerkvliet being a year younger. Kerkvliet is also going to be quite a bit bigger than Gable it looks like. He is still growing and has the frame to be massive. Gable is so good he might make me look like an idiot in about 5 years if we look back at this but in my gut I really feel like Kerkvliet is going to be the best heavyweight out of all of these kids coming up. That says a lot considering the amount of talent coming into college at heavyweight in the near future. Snacks, parris, cassioppi, Gable, hutmacher, Schultz. Pretty impressive amount of talent.

Agreed. Add me to the list of those who won’t be surprised to see Kerkvliet eclipse GS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT