ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet?

Of course it does, but to be honest, we have Seth and sometimes Nick that can push Kerk, everyone else you “mention” is much smaller. Although it looks like Jake may have added a few#. Anyway, I’d give the room competition (at least size wise) edge to Parris now and Steveson still has Nelson.
So in other words stevenson has nobody?

Of course it does, but to be honest, we have Seth and sometimes Nick that can push Kerk, everyone else you “mention” is much smaller. Although it looks like Jake may have added a few#. Anyway, I’d give the room competition (at least size wise) edge to Parris now and Steveson still has Nelson.

I'm guessing Jake is tipping the scales around 230+ these days. And that he could AA with relative ease at HWT this year. The talent drops off really, really fast after the top 5 or so.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Hey. Anyone have anything more tangible re: Kerk's injury, even reliable whispers?

For Cael to state that he was only cleared to wrestle the day of the Maryland match was pretty suprizing, at least in terms of coincidence.

Likewise he lost at least 10 lb during the off period. So at least we can assume he was out of commission even from a training POV for much of the break in action.

Is it totally out of the question that he's one of the guys that caught covid, and maybe his cardio or lung capacity took a while to come back?

I only question, as with all the discussion of surgery, he didn't wear a brace or have much taped up upon his return, he looked fresh, granted a little lean for that big frame.

It's not a good assumption that he was totally out of commission. Just because he wasn't cleared to wrestle in actual duals does not mean he wasn't cleared to practice and work out. In fact a poster claiming to be his Dad (and now seems credible based on what he said) confirmed that he's been on the mat practicing for months and flat out stated he would wrestle at B1Gs.

It's not a good assumption that he was totally out of commission. Just because he wasn't cleared to wrestle in actual duals does not mean he wasn't cleared to practice and work out. In fact a poster claiming to be his Dad (and now seems credible based on what he said) confirmed that he's been on the mat practicing for months and flat out stated he would wrestle at B1Gs.
His father has probably started to type any number of messages.......nah, better not. Let them fret.

ICWT......In Cael We Trust. I am with Brooks, We Are the favorite. Who cares if nobody else agrees. Its what we do!

He is getting back to form, feeling good and getting ready for Big 10’s. We knew this was going to be a challenging year but he also wanted to keep in shape with the restrictions he had. He is excited about the draw and ready to make the most of the opportunity. To be honest as a family we are just thankful he was cleared and has the opportunity to be on the mat and do what he loves. We do appreciate all of the concern, I will just say there is now nothing wrong with him and he is more healthy than he has been in the last couple of years. He is ready to have fun and learn from this experience as he drives towards his goals.

Greg Sr.

He is getting back to form, feeling good and getting ready for Big 10’s. We knew this was going to be a challenging year but he also wanted to keep in shape with the restrictions he had. He is excited about the draw and ready to make the most of the opportunity. To be honest as a family we are just thankful he was cleared and has the opportunity to be on the mat and do what he loves. We do appreciate all of the concern, I will just say there is now nothing wrong with him and he is more healthy than he has been in the last couple of years. He is ready to have fun and learn from this experience as he drives towards his goals.

Greg Sr.

Heck yeah! Let's freak'n go!

Greg Sr.
Gosh, that’s some really good news right there. Best of luck to the young man!!

Last edited:
Agree and disagree at the same time if that’s possible. IMO you don’t put your wrestlers onto the mat if they don’t have the best chance at winning. Kerk doesn’t have the best chance at beating Parris without being able to wrestle 7 hard minutes. Getting in wrestling shape is done in the practice room, or against guys that don’t necessarily take your absolute best to beat. Parris is a guy that won’t be beat by someone who makes mistakes because they’re tired. Maybe I didn’t explain that the best way, but I think you get my drift. The good news, we will have the answer in 3 days.

The only thing I would add to the above, is that you want to put the guy out that has the best chance at winning at the NCAAs, not the B1G Tournament, assuming that you think both guys can qualify. If Kerkvliet can wrestle his way into being a better option than Nevills in two weeks, then he should go, even if he is not the best option this weekend. Qualify for the NCAAs and a healthy Kerkvliet has a chance to go deep almost no matter where he is seeded. I am really excited to see what he can do!

Reactions: Junglekitty
Agree and disagree at the same time if that’s possible. IMO you don’t put your wrestlers onto the mat if they don’t have the best chance at winning. Kerk doesn’t have the best chance at beating Parris without being able to wrestle 7 hard minutes. Getting in wrestling shape is done in the practice room, or against guys that don’t necessarily take your absolute best to beat. Parris is a guy that won’t be beat by someone who makes mistakes because they’re tired. Maybe I didn’t explain that the best way, but I think you get my drift. The good news, we will have the answer in 3 days.
I guess I am the only one on this board who thinks Kerk does to Paris what Cassar did. /shrug

Greg Sr.

awesome. Thanks for the update and best of luck !!!

Then why you be...?
giphy.gif

I guess I am the only one on this board who thinks Kerk does to Paris what Cassar did. /shrug
I bet the Michigan coaches dropped an F bomb when they saw Kerk as the quarters match up for Parris. I am sure they would much rather see Seth.

Reactions: Kuch96
Yeah, but wrestling Tony just allows Stevenson to work on getting off the bottom from a belly on the mat position.

I can't wait to see. Kerk looks like the future of 285 to me. We saw the move to smaller guys with better leg attacks work- why not a tall guy that wrestles like a 149 being the next model? I really do see a David Taylor like level change when he goes after the heel pick. The sky is the limit going forward and I won't be betting against him.

I can't wait to see. Kerk looks like the future of 285 to me. We saw the move to smaller guys with better leg attacks work- why not a tall guy that wrestles like a 149 being the next model? I really do see a David Taylor like level change when he goes after the heel pick. The sky is the limit going forward and I won't be betting against him.
Kerk wrestles like someone in the 157-184:range.

Once he starts using the bow and arrow, then he'll wrestle like a 149.

Anyone else notice that coronavirus has retreated since Kerkvliet returned?
I heard Stand With (some) Pride, inspired by Kerk, got a point in the same timeframe in the living room. (By calling locked hands, but a point’s a point.) :)

Last edited:
c

I heard Stand With (some) Pride, inspired by Kerk, got a point in the same timeframe in the living room. (By calling locked hands, but a point’s a point.) :)
We only used the living room while Wino’s winos glued my family room back together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT