ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Ferentz

How about our team just focus on being prepared for this year’s Iowa team. Everything else is just a distraction.
This...we're not Colorado. We don't need to pretend everything is personal to win games

The best player response to the rotten Iwoa fans was a Purdue player. An Iowa fan threw a beer can at Purdue. A Purdue player picked it up and drank it.
Years ago, Iowa fans had class. Now, it seems that the parents of today's Iowa fans bred with their swine. There are a lot of hog farms in Iowa. For me, Iowa replaced Michigan as THE most hated B1G fb rival.

The best player response to the rotten Iwoa fans was a Purdue player. An Iowa fan threw a beer can at Purdue. A Purdue player picked it up and drank it.
Years ago, Iowa fans had class. Now, it seems that the parents of today's Iowa fans bred with their swine. There are a lot of hog farms in Iowa. For me, Iowa replaced Michigan as THE most hated B1G fb rival.
Christians don't hate. You aren't one.

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz
How about our team just focus on being prepared for this year’s Iowa team. Everything else is just a distraction.
Or motivation. Bulletin board material does help in many cases.

Their board already working themselves into a lather remembering all the injuries

#blessed
[/QUOTE
To Vic.
The word "hate" in this case is defined as "I do not like the man's deneanor. PS. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Every time that you attack me, God's word assures me that I am blessed. PS God's greatest prophet, Moses, was a murderer. PPS, I have prayed for you.

I like how you say Iowa used to have class but now the entire fanbase doesn't. SMH

Are there Hog Farms in Pennsylvania? Stereotypes like that are immature and tell us a lot about you in a short amount of time. I suppose you will work in something about cows and corn next.

ANF- Respect Em'

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeyeheritage
I like how you say Iowa used to have class but now the entire fanbase doesn't. SMH

Are there Hog Farms in Pennsylvania? Stereotypes like that are immature and tell us a lot about you in a short amount of time. I suppose you will work in something about cows and corn next.

ANF- Respect Em'
LMAOROFL Cheering at a player with a season ending injury is as low as a fan base could get. If Lion fans do this, it is my hope that coach Franklin would step on the field and raise his hands to stop them. The Iowa coach shared their banality. Without those 2 injuries, we would have one by 30. At that point, we were without our 3 best players, Journey Brown, CIifford and Mustipher (sp).
Clips from other games, beer can at Purdue, on BTN verify the extreme lack of decency permitted at their stadium. I hope none of their players get injured in our game. If they do, Lions fans have an opportunity to be decent.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
LMAOROFL Cheering at a player with a season ending injury is as low as a fan base could get. If Lion fans do this, it is my hope that coach Franklin would step on the field and raise his hands to stop them. The Iowa coach shared their banality. Without those 2 injuries, we would have one by 30. At that point, we were without our 3 best players, Journey Brown, CIifford and Mustipher (sp).
Clips from other games, beer can at Purdue, on BTN verify the extreme lack of decency permitted at their stadium. I hope none of their players get injured in our game. If they do, Lions fans have an opportunity to be decent.
So the entire Iowa fanbase was cheering a season ending injury? That's a broad brush and quite frankly a lie to fit your narrative. Has Penn State ever had any savage Fans that didn't represent the masses?

We always have the opportunity to be decent no matter the situation. If you can control your emotions you are winning at Life. I've gotten a lot better at it through my years

• Haha
Reactions: AEG82 and dswartz
So the entire Iowa fanbase was cheering a season ending injury? That's a broad brush and quite frankly a lie to fit your narrative. Has Penn State ever had any savage Fans that didn't represent the masses?

We always have the opportunity to be decent no matter the situation. If you can control your emotions you are winning at Life. I've gotten a lot better at it through my years
Bro it was 17-3 in the 2nd and your vaunted defense was getting shredded before Clifford got hurt. Call a spade a spade.

Bro it was 17-3 in the 2nd and your vaunted defense was getting shredded before Clifford got hurt. Call a spade a spade.
That game was 2 years ago. Time to move on. Iowa won the game. There are no woulda could shouldas

Kirk Ferentz has won 10 games against Penn State as a coach. I bet each of those wins you could go back and find something that you could change to give Penn State the victory in your head. Life doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
That game was 2 years ago. Time to move on. Iowa won the game. There are no woulda could shouldas

Kirk Ferentz has won 10 games against Penn State as a coach. I bet each of those wins you could go back and find something that you could change to give Penn State the victory in your head. Life doesn't work like that.
The original poster made the comment that psu was not going to drop 30 on Iowa. That is simply contrary to how that game unfolded. It took clifford getting hurt and 2 quarters of Iowa's inept offense getting good field position due to psu's 3rd string qb not knowing a cadence for Iowa to win that game. Simple facts.

As for this year, you are right, who knows how it plays out. Iowa offense does not look good. Their special teams and defense do look good. I'm sure it will be close. Game in my opinion comes down to whether psu plays as disciplined as Iowa and matches special teams. If all of these are a wash, one would expect that psu with its larger talent should win, but nothing is guaranteed.

As for this year, you are right, who knows how it plays out. Iowa offense does not look good. Their special teams and defense do look good. I'm sure it will be close. Game in my opinion comes down to whether psu plays as disciplined as Iowa and matches special teams. If all of these are a wash, one would expect that psu with its larger talent should win, but nothing is guaranteed
Hard to argue with any of that. Seems like a fair assessment to me. Iowa's offense has been nothing short of atrocious for awhile now. Thank god Phil Parker usually has his defenders ready to go. And Levar Woods is a good special teams coach. I think the game will be decided by a few big plays and turnovers. I'm assuming Iowa's offense will have some false starts and delay of games due to the loud night crowd. Big challenge for Brian Ferentz to score some points. We are used that however!

The poster edited 30 point remark.

Inglorious Basterds Idk GIF

8 of those wins were against paterno over 15 years ago. Time to move on. He’s 2-4 against Franklin.

Reactions: dswartz and 81b&w

ANF- Respect Em'
America does need farmers (ANF) but ironically you cannot major in any agricultural sciences at Iowa (you have to go to Iowa State for that). So really that helmet sticker is just an endorsement for their in state rival.
Letterkenny GIF by Crave

Reactions: dswartz
America does need farmers (ANF) but ironically you cannot major in any agricultural sciences at Iowa (you have to go to Iowa State for that). So really that helmet sticker is just an endorsement for their in state rival.
Letterkenny GIF by Crave

Coach Hayden Fry came up with the ANF sticker in the 1980s to help America's Farmers during the Farm crisis. Remember that many football players at Iowa over the years were and are hardworking, blue collar kids raised on Iowa Farms. Wearing that helmet sticker has special meaning to many.

And you are correct, Iowa State is an Ag school. A damn good one. Also they have a good engineering program.

The University of Iowa is known for

- Doctor's/Medicine/Children's Hospital
- Lawyers/Business/Writing
- Arts/Sciences

Not bad for a little flyover state of 3.5 million

Last edited:
Coach Hayden Fry came up with the ANF sticker in the 1980s to help America's Farmers during the Farm crisis. Remember that many football players at Iowa over the years were and are hardworking, blue collar kids raised on Iowa Farms. Wearing that helmet sticker has special meaning to many.

And you are correct, Iowa State is an Ag school. A damn good one. Also they have a good engineering program.

The University of Iowa is known for Doctor's/Medicine
Lawyers/Business
Writer's etc.

Not bad for a little flyover state of 3.5 million
I understand where it came from. And I understand that farmers are important (my BS degree is from PSU's College of Agriculture). But it's clearly ironic that it is associated with (and celebrated by) a university that doesn't offer degrees in agriculture (and I also get the division between land grant school and other major school -- my PhD is from UNC, which similarly does not offer agricultural degrees).

So it's saying America Needs Farmers but you better go to school somewhere else if you want to study that topic.

I understand where it came from. And I understand that farmers are important (my BS degree is from PSU's College of Agriculture). But it's clearly ironic that it is associated with (and celebrated by) a university that doesn't offer degrees in agriculture (and I also get the division between land grant school and other major school -- my PhD is from UNC, which similarly does not offer agricultural degrees).

So it's saying America Needs Farmers but you better go to school somewhere else if you want to study that topic.
No one has to attend a school to understand America Needs Farmers. The whole point of the sticker was to bring national attention to the crisis. And it did in a good way!

I suppose Hayden Fry and the University of Iowa could've avoided putting on the sticker to detract from the "irony" you speak of. But I think we both can agree it was a good idea regardless. Even if it endorses ISU, it's still a good thing.

My father-in-law is a 5th generation farmer in his sunset years now. He farms 1200 acres of the best black Iowa dirt there is. He is the backbone of America. When he dies the farming ends for the family. He has no one to pass that priceless knowledge to(I have my own career, but I have quietly thought about becoming a Farmer.)

He has told many many times what happened to him during the 1980s when the family lost nearly everything. I've never met a harder working person in my life. Those stickers are for people just like him all over America. I wish the ISU and PSU teams would wear the stickers also. I also realize the world doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
No one has to attend a school to understand America Needs Farmers. The whole point of the sticker was to bring national attention to the crisis. And it did in a good way!

I suppose Hayden Fry and the University of Iowa could've avoided putting on the sticker to detract from the "irony" you speak of. But I think we both can agree it was a good idea regardless. Even if it endorses ISU, it's still a good thing.

My father-in-law is a 5th generation farmer in his sunset years now. He farms 1200 acres of the best black Iowa dirt there is. He is the backbone of America. When he dies the farming ends for the family. He has no one to pass that priceless knowledge to(I have my own career, but I have quietly thought about becoming a Farmer.)

He has told many many times what happened to him during the 1980s when the family lost nearly everything. I've never met a harder working person in my life. Those stickers are for people just like him all over America. I wish the ISU and PSU teams would wear the stickers also. I also realize the world doesn't work like that.
I do agree it is a good thing, but it is like putting "American Needs Doctors" (also true) on a helmet of a school that doesn't have a medical school.

I am focusing by getting the appropriate snacks in order and making sure my 4 month old granddaughter is well rested to watch her first game. Everything else is just a distraction. LOL

Reactions: SR108
I am focusing by getting the appropriate snacks in order and making sure my 4 month old granddaughter is well rested to watch her first game. Everything else is just a distraction. LOL
Last game I was watching my 3 year old granddaughter and her 10 month sister. Needless to say, I was very distracted.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
As a fan and not a player, I plan to use this bullshit from 2 years ago by Iowa coaches and fans to make sure I help to make the Iowa team's life a deafening hell the entire game on Saturday night.

You have? I couldn’t tell

The irony for me is, until that game, Iowa was my favorite B1G rival team. I just hope that the addition of in stadium beer does not result os similar vulgarity by Lions fans. Alcohol unmasks the inner jack ass.

Last edited:

ANF- Respect Em'
Why don't you go look at what your A-Hole fans are posting on Hawkeye Nation - Pedo U BS - yeah real class - I guess you are only classy when booing injured players.

There are many classy Iowa fans. You appear to be one.

But there are also many who did not acquit themselves well in 2021. Regrettably, the Iowa head coach also took the low road, which was an unpleasant surprise to many of us who had admired the guy.

The bitterness tends to linger after such displays...and the good people end up getting tarred with the same brush as the bad. It's human nature.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT