ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Snyder

and he brought his wood with him. I guess he heard jefe was digging up his stats

I mean he wrestled freestyle at 214 and he probably isn't cutting very much, if at all, to wrestle Heavy.

He's a beast, no other way to put it.

Just as interesting - no Hunter or Bo. Ryan is trying to set some sort of record for most different lineup combos.

He looks at least 230 there, that cut back down to 97KG should be fun. That being said, if I'm Cael and we're up enough in the dual there's no way I run anyone out against him.

He looks at least 230 there, that cut back down to 97KG should be fun. That being said, if I'm Cael and we're up enough in the dual there's no way I run anyone out against him.
I would. If nothing else, you get first-hand info on how he wrestles as a heavy.

That ankle pick is a major reason why he won a World Championship. He really is an extraordinary talent. It's hard not to root for him to bring back gold come the Olympics.

Let the hype train begin. Reminder that he hasn't won anything in folkstyle yet. Majoring Jensen not a big surprise.

Stieber needs to get some matches under his belt going into the offseason

He looks like a very fast hwt. I would just guess most likely only 2 hwts that should beat him would the champ from N.C and Coon from Michigan.

A Gwiz vs Snyder final would have to be the marquee match of Nationals. I'm not sure who I would favor at this point. I'm also really curious to see if Gwiz can find a way to beat Dlagnev and Rey and make it to the Olympics with Snyder (I don't see Varner getting another win vs Snyder ever). I wonder, have two NCAA finals opponents ever been on the Olympic Squad together?

I will start with i think Kyle Snyder is a great talent and hopefully a future Gold Medalist for the country. With that being said i think that the bigger heavyweights will give snyder some trouble. He will be giving up 50+ pounds to some of the bigger guys, That is alot of weight to overcome. So i would have to say Coon and Gwiz could both beat Snyder.

A Gwiz vs Snyder final would have to be the marquee match of Nationals. I'm not sure who I would favor at this point. I'm also really curious to see if Gwiz can find a way to beat Dlagnev and Rey and make it to the Olympics with Snyder (I don't see Varner getting another win vs Snyder ever). I wonder, have two NCAA finals opponents ever been on the Olympic Squad together?

The answer is yes. Lou Banach and Bruce Baumgartner in 1984. There may be some others too that I can't think of offhand.

I will start with i think Kyle Snyder is a great talent and hopefully a future Gold Medalist for the country. With that being said i think that the bigger heavyweights will give snyder some trouble. He will be giving up 50+ pounds to some of the bigger guys, That is alot of weight to overcome. So i would have to say Coon and Gwiz could both beat Snyder.

He already won a gold medal at Worlds last summer. Also, at around 230 pounds he is the same size or bigger than many former NCAA 285 champs, including our own Kerry McCoy. Gwiz for certain is no where near 285 pounds.

I suppose the same could be said about ZPain.

Zain has dominated his new weight class for a couple of months, beating All-Americans. Snyder has wrestled one match against a guy who is fringe top 20. Not apples to apples.

Which national champ has Snyder beaten in folk?

Zain has now beaten 2 of them.

Not apples to apples.

I think the main reason it's not apples to apples is the fact that Snyder is a Buckeye and ZPain is a Nittany Lion. If Snyder was on our team, we'd be fawning all over him just like we're fawning over Zain, even though he has not won anything in folkstyle yet.

J'Den Cox last year at NCAAs.
And that's the lead-in I was looking for. Yes, he beat Cox, and so did McIntosh. The same could be said for Zain's win over Tsirtsis except for the complete domination and Zain doubling the next highest score in Tsirtsis' career.

Zain's win over Stieber stands out not just as a win. Stieber had only 3 matches all year that he did not win by bonus, and Zain was all 3. Stieber was clearly a superior wrestler to Cox.

I think Snyder is a lock for the podium and a threat to win the title. And he could struggle with Gwiazdowski, Coon, Walz, Sasquatch, Dhesi, and possibly others. We have yet to see him on bottom against a skilled heavy. And we have yet to see him in a tourney where he has to beat several of them.

We do have Snyder winning freestyle worlds. For comparison, we also have Verkleeren winning freestyle worlds -- after finishing 4th at Hershey, and so far this year losing to Carr, Lewis, Hong, and Coy. Snyder is a better folk wrestler than Verkleeren. Skepticism still warranted.

And that's the lead-in I was looking for. Yes, he beat Cox, and so did McIntosh. The same could be said for Zain's win over Tsirtsis except for the complete domination and Zain doubling the next highest score in Tsirtsis' career.

Zain's win over Stieber stands out not just as a win. Stieber had only 3 matches all year that he did not win by bonus, and Zain was all 3. Stieber was clearly a superior wrestler to Cox.

I think Snyder is a lock for the podium and a threat to win the title. And he could struggle with Gwiazdowski, Coon, Walz, Sasquatch, Dhesi, and possibly others. We have yet to see him on bottom against a skilled heavy. And we have yet to see him in a tourney where he has to beat several of them.

We do have Snyder winning freestyle worlds. For comparison, we also have Verkleeren winning freestyle worlds -- after finishing 4th at Hershey, and so far this year losing to Carr, Lewis, Hong, and Coy. Snyder is a better folk wrestler than Verkleeren. Skepticism still warranted.
didnt stieber squeak by dardanes?

Hunter? Logan graduated 2014.
no, i'm referring to a match between Logan and one of the Dardanes.... close match... in fact there was controversy with the score and an excape was allowed... ummm... I'll search...

no, i'm referring to a match between Logan and one of the Dardanes.... close match... in fact there was controversy with the score and an excape was allowed... ummm... I'll search...
He lost to Chris Dardanes 5-3 in 2012, did not face any Goofer in 2013.

Use the link I gave above and change the year. Works before and thru 2014.

141: #1 Logan Stieber (OSU) decision over #4 Nick Dardanes (Minn) 10-9 | OSU 10, Minn. 0 this was on feb6, 2015

S

Sorry, you're right. Extra strength moron pills kicked in.
already posted the date.... you had me going.... thought I was going nuts as that match was on BTN... regardless i think your post is still valid based on the year.

141: #1 Logan Stieber (OSU) decision over #4 Nick Dardanes (Minn) 10-9 | OSU 10, Minn. 0 this was on feb6, 2015

And in the grand scheme none of that matters since Logan won his 4th title and Dardanes didn't AA again. In any case we don't need to do anything here to make Zain look better. He does not need our help to do that.

Pretty sure Logan had an actual touch of the flu that day.
I would agree... definitely something, eh? one thing us spectators are not privy to - inside info like health and injuries - and we often chastise the participants. Won't happen but would be cool if it were the other way around... 'wow, Billy-Bob won and with a 101 fever... or a broken foot.... or athletes foot (kidding)'

What does all this mean for Thomas Haines? I never understood why he chose OSU in the first place, because I was skeptical about Snyder staying at 197. Does he ride the pine his whole career? Transfer to F&M?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT