ADVERTISEMENT

Large Solar Storm this weekend, latest in 20 years

Must be because of people on Earth's use of fossil fuels and climate change

(sarcasm)
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jmorovich
It "could" disrupt communication and create northern lights for much of North America.

Western PA is in another of its week-long solar eclipses, so there's no threat of us who live in that area seeing the Northern Lights.

In all seriousness, we've had better weather in this area in the last few winters, comparatively speaking, than in our our so-called good weather months. More WPIAL baseball games actually might get played in the winter here than in our wretched spring weather.

Reactions: psualt
more stuff when I don't have a clue what this means but it looks impressive.

Western PA is in another of its week-long solar eclipses, so there's no threat of us who live in that area seeing the Northern Lights.

In all seriousness, we've had better weather in this area in the last few winters, comparatively speaking, than in our our so-called good weather months. More WPIAL baseball games actually might get played in the winter here than in our wretched spring weather.
You spoke too soon.

The magnetic field has been weakening for many years. And the poles are moving so much that GPS systems had to be adjusted last year.

I have long thought that this weakening is a major contributor to global warming as more solar energy penetrates ghe atmosphere.

May you live in interesting times…..

Reactions: PSU4U and Obliviax
The magnetic field has been weakening for many years. And the poles are moving so much that GPS systems had to be adjusted last year.

I have long thought that this weakening is a major contributor to global warming as more solar energy penetrates ghe atmosphere.

May you live in interesting times…..
Contrary to climate alarmists the Sun controls everything. Just try and manipulate the sun, LOL I just dare them.

Tonight’s show will be north of the border with Canada only. Unless those guys were right about them penetrating deeper because of the weaker magnetic fields.

As for their predictions thst the poles will flip in the next 25 years….. seriously doubt it. Geology just doesn’t move that fast,

But I hzve to wonder how much of an effect these solar storms will have. Could a huge on accelerate the process or even cause a quick flip? IDK🤷🏿‍♂️

Tree ring studies show rare, occasional indications of msssive amounts of gamma rays. Big enough to cause mass extinctions. Like every few thousand years. And the source is unknown…..super nova? Black hole eating a star? Our own sun?🤷🏻‍♀️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT