ADVERTISEMENT

Lee Article

From all accounts, Randy Moss was a heck of a multi-talented athlete in High School. We all know his skills as a WR, but he was also the kicker punter in high school. Was All-State once or twice in basketball. Played baseball and ran just one year of track and won the 100m & 200m state championship. Granted, West Virginia is a small state, but he was a freakishly good athlete.
Deon Sanders ran a track meet and played a doubleheader in baseball while at FSU. P

Deion Sanders ran a track meet and played a doubleheader in baseball on the same afternoon while at FSU. Pretty good athlete. I consider athleticism as the ability to do a lot with one's body - hand eye coordination, natural strength, a degree of balance, and coordination in general. Thus, gymnasts are very athletic. The person who can walk across a room on their hands the first time they try is pretty athletic. Most wrestlers are very athletic as they are doing multiple things at once - one arm push, the other pull, while hips and legs are doing different things as well (see Jason Nolf). The only other aspect I like to add (which sometimes ticks off golfers) is that there needs to be some level of endurance/conditioning (I know you walk a long way, etc., etc)

Quick Deion Sanders tale:

When he played for the Falcons, his fake hotel registration name was: Sammy Davis Jr.
I saw him here in Richmond, Va go into the stands after a heckler when he was playing AAA ball.

From all accounts, Randy Moss was a heck of a multi-talented athlete in High School. We all know his skills as a WR, but he was also the kicker punter in high school. Was All-State once or twice in basketball. Played baseball and ran just one year of track and won the 100m & 200m state championship. Granted, West Virginia is a small state, but he was a freakishly good athlete.

If you get a minute watch the Randy Moss 30 for 30 video. He was studly in HS and also in trouble too. But he was a 3 sport mega star in WV.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT