ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh Valley PSU Wrestling Fans...

androcles

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2003
...if you are planning to go to the NCAAs next March in St Louis, now is the time to make your early reservations...

...in the past I have usually gone to Philadelphia or Newark but this year I decided to check out an ABE departure and was pleasantly surprised... there are several Delta flights thru Detroit and/or Atlanta for only $265 + tax = $326 ...FYI...

...not through Allentown and Detroit...

...over them...

...the flight also passes almost directly over State College...

Last edited:
...if you are planning to go to the NCAAs next March in St Louis, now is the time to make your early reservations...

...in the past I have usually gone to Philadelphia or Newark but this year I decided to check out an ABE departure and was pleasantly surprised... there are several Delta flights thru Detroit and/or Atlanta for only $265 + tax = $326 ...FYI...
Good old ABE airport. My house, growing up, was 3 miles from the airport. The airport, bought much of the Fuller fields around our place, with expansion hopes back in the 70's, but that never materialized as growth just stagnated.

Heading back to Northampton in 3 weeks to visit the family, and looked at flying into ABE, as prices are the best that I've seen in 15 years there. They used to be so expensive to fly there. In the 90's, we would fly into Harrisburg, since prices there were really cheap, but now prices to Harrisburg are 2X other airports in that area.

We're flying into Philly, though, and making the 90 minute drive, versus flying into ABE. Philly is a direct flight from Austin, versus a layover in Atlanta or Charlotte. As I get older, I avoid multi leg flights if I can. Wish ABE had direct flights from Texas, as I'll have to get back home more often as the parents are getting older, much faster, but that won't happen.

See you all in St Louis though in March. Easy trip for me

..I live 5 minutes south of the airport but not underneath any landing pattern...

..ABE was involved in a big litigation with some landowners re: obtaining land via eminent domain but that has now been settled... I look for expansion now that Delta. United and American all service there...

Reactions: CentexLion
..I live 5 minutes south of the airport but not underneath any landing pattern...

..ABE was involved in a big litigation with some landowners re: obtaining land via eminent domain but that has now been settled... I look for expansion now that Delta. United and American all service there...
Looking forward to seeing the area again. It has been 2 years since I've been back. We grew up just north of the airport, on Weaversville Road. Bethlehem address but Northampton school district. Seems like we wrestled every day in PE class back then. Wrestling was much bigger than football back in the late 70's, and glad to see Northampton amp it up more. Still hear Gordy Bartholomew yelling "shoot the crouch!!" Worked through high school at the Weis Market, which used to be down Airport road, right before you got to Union Blvd. I think it is a big liquor store now. Looking forward to good cheese stakes, pierogies, and real NY style pizza, which are hard to find in Austin (but getting better). Also, hoping that we can land Chlebove in a few years.

...best cheesesteaks now are either The Crossroads in Hellertown, the Brass Rail on Lehigh St in Allentown or Carl's on Elizabeth Ave near Moravian College..

...but thas jes my opinion....

...enjoy your stay!...

Reactions: JimNazium
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT