Josh McPhearson
Andrew Nelson
Tom Pancoast
Daniel Pasquariello
Brandon Smith
Mitchell Vallone

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenophile
Marcus Allen: Many examples have been cited in a thread started about him yesterday. The moment that sticks out to me is the blocked field goal against Tosu. He timed it perfectly. Honorable Mention: The safety against Pitt, in part, due to the now-famous grill pose.

Jason Cabinda: The early 4th-down stop against iowa last year. He knocked the iowa quarterback back a couple of yards. That set the tone for the game.

Mike Gesicki: The catch on the McSorley bomb against temple last year. He "high-pointed" the ball as only he can. Amazing catch. Honorable Mention: The leap over McSorley against michigan.

DaeSean Hamilton: It's hard to single out one play out for me because he seems to get things done quietly. He made a great catch downfield late in the ucf game in Ireland in his freshman year. He also made several great catches against Wisconsin last year. Importantly, he stepped up as McSorley's go-to in place of Chris Godwin this season. The all-time receptions leader at Penn State. He's vastly underrated.

Not pictured above is Grant Haley. Two plays stand out to me: The return against Tosu and the 4th-down stop against wisconsin. Haley made first contact on that 4th-down play, and Marcus finished it off. Then we saw Haley sprinting across the field signaling #1. Awesome scene.

Last edited:
Marcus Allen: Many examples have been cited in a thread started about him yesterday. The moment that sticks out to me is the blocked field goal against Tosu. He timed it perfectly. Honorable Mention: The safety against Pitt, in part, due to the now-famous grill pose.

Jason Cabinda: The early 4th-down stop against iowa last year. He knocked the iowa quarterback a couple of yards. That set the tone for the game.

Mike Gesicki: The catch on the McSorley bomb against temple last year. He "high-pointed" the ball as only he can. Amazing catch. Honorable Mention: The leap over McSorley against michigan.

DaeSean Hamilton: It's hard to single out one play out for me because he seems to get things done quietly. He made a great catch downfield late in the ucf game in Ireland in his freshman year. He also made several great catches against Wisconsin last year. Importantly, he stepped up as McSorley's go-to in place of Chris Godwin this season. The all-time receptions leader at Penn State. He's vastly underrated.

Not pictured above is Grant Haley. Two plays stand out to me: The return against Tosu and the 4th-down stop against wisconsin. Haley made first contact on that 4th-down play, and Marcus finished it off. Then we saw Haley sprinting across the field signaling #1. Awesome scene.

Hamilton is the guy who absolutely exceeded expectations. I don't know that anyone thought he'd leave here as PSU's all time leading receiver. IIRC, his break out game was in Ireland where he set freshman receiving records for yards and receptions (165/11 respectively). Best memory is probably his game-tieing TD in the Pinstripe Bowl....

Haley I remember for his awful game against NW in 2015, and for his awesome return against OSU. Also for what a great student athlete he is and because he was one of the guys who Franklin reeled in from SEC country.

Blacknall IMO underachieved, but we saw his potential in the B1G Championship game against Wisconsin - six catches for 155 yards and two TD's. Also, his ridiculous catch/run against MSU was really memorable.

Gesicki has too many to list - also a guy who set records for his position and will go down as one of the all time great TE's at Penn State.

One of the funniest, IMO, was Brandon Smith last year. Not sure which game, but the color guy on tv said Brandon was a step down from Cabinda after he replaced Jason on the field. On the next play Brandon faked a blitz, dropped into coverage and picked off the pass. A stumbling apology followed.

Marcus Allen
Troy Apke
Brendan Brosnan
Saeed Blacknall
Jason Cabinda
Christian Campbell
Tyrell Chavis
Curtis Cothran
Parker Cothren
Desi Davis
Tyler Davis
Billy Fessler
Mike Gesicki
Grant Haley
DaeSean Hamilton
Cody Hodgens
Brendan Mahon
Josh McPhearson
Andrew Nelson
Tom Pancoast
Daniel Pasquariello
Brandon Smith
Mitchell Vallone
Cody Hodgens watched him house a large pizza at Hi Way Pizza.

I think Blacknall is the 2nd best player on our team. My memory will be that he should have played more and been targeted more. Something behind the scenes surly.

Reactions: psu2016
I think Blacknall is the 2nd best player on our team. My memory will be that he should have played more and been targeted more. Something behind the scenes surly.
Agree. He’s always made plays when targeted. Last year’s Iowa game is another example.

Not really a happy memory but I will remember and always respect how DaeSean met with the press and answered their questions through tears after last year's Pitt game because he was so broken up over dropping that pass. That showed great character.

Marcus-Allen-Blocks-Field-Goal-Burdick.jpg

Reactions: Nitwit
One of the funniest, IMO, was Brandon Smith last year. Not sure which game, but the color guy on tv said Brandon was a step down from Cabinda after he replaced Jason on the field. On the next play Brandon faked a blitz, dropped into coverage and picked off the pass. A stumbling apology followed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT