ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for info. a place for PSU fans in Columbus

No Name all Game

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2016
4 of us will be heading to Ohio next weekend to watch the boys in blue and white bring home a victory. Looking for help on where to go on Friday and Saturday night. It's been quite awhile since I've been to Columbus. Is there a Penn State bar .....

According to the Columbus chapter of the Alumni Assoc, the Blarney Stone in Worthington is where they hold their watch parties. The head chef is a PSUer. FWIW.

Join us for a Pep Rally the Night before the PSU-OSU game!
Tickets are on sale now for the PSU-OSU Pep Rally and Fundraiser on October 27th at Quaker Steak & Lube!

Purchase tickets at the link below.

http://shop.psucolumbus.org/PSU-vs-OSU-Pep-Rally-and-Fundraiser_c2.htm

On the eve of the Penn State vs Ohio State football game, alumni, fans, friends and family will gather to cheer on our team and raise money for our local scholarship. Last time, we hosted over 300 blue and white fans and this year we expect to surpass that crowd!

This is a family friendly event. Bring your kids and/or grandkids - they LOVE seeing the Nittany Lion and the Penn State Cheerleaders!!! This year we have a balloon twister making complimentary balloon hats and animals as well as a face painter for kids of all ages.

Tickets are:
  • Adults- $25
  • Kids ages 5 to 12 – $15
  • Kids 4 and under – free!
Entry gets you access to the event with a 2-hour buffet, cash bar, raffle and a silent auction.

We have some great items in the silent auction including:
  • A pair of tickets to the PSU-OSU game (10/28)
  • 4 tickets to a Blue Jackets game
Come out, have fun, and help us raise money for a good cause.

When: Friday, October 27, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Where: Quaker Steak & Lube (8500 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240)

Visit www.psucolumbus.org/?p=696 for more information.

Please email psucolumbus@gmail.com with any questions!

As a member in good standing of the Central Ohio chapter, I know that our leadership has decided not to meet for a viewing party for this particular game in the past. The Friday night event is always a lot of fun, but I need to remember my muzzle as I am not sure what I might say to the AA leadership coming in from State College for the event. This is currently exacerbated for me by yesterday's announcement that we will be almost certainly losing our MLS team--the first team in the league--to Austin. So I am not in a good mood this morning.

As a member in good standing of the Central Ohio chapter, I know that our leadership has decided not to meet for a viewing party for this particular game in the past. The Friday night event is always a lot of fun, but I need to remember my muzzle as I am not sure what I might say to the AA leadership coming in front State College for the event. This is currently exacerbated for me by yesterday's announcement that we will be almost certainly losing our MLS team--the first team in the league--to Austin. So I am not in a good mood this morning.

Brutal seeing the Crew having one foot out the door. A downtown stadium would have solved the problem.

Brutal seeing the Crew having one foot out the door. A downtown stadium would have solved the problem.
I'm not convinced. He had an opt-out in his 10 year stadium deal that said he could leave for Austin--5 years ago. Hope he loses his shirt. But he won't. The slimy ones never do. I found out I cannot cancel my tickets for next season and am responsible for the full amount.

If you choose to go to the alumni chapter event, it is located in the Polaris area near the Polaris Parkway exit off I-71, just down the road from where I used to live. It’s really far for me now since I live in Sarasota.

FOR ANYONE GOING TO THE GAME WHO WANTS TO MEET UP WITH PSU TAILGATERS.

Penn State Central Ohio Alumni Association added an event.

Nittanyville, OH comes to the area outside the Fawcett Center (2400 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43210) for an all-day game day tailgate! 6:45am to 2:00pm

Join us or set up next to us in the parking area nearest the Fawcett Center. Let's show the Buckeyes just how loud the Blue and White Lions roar!

We'll meet at 6:45am in the Kroger parking lot on 2913 Olentangy River Rd to caravan in and get good parking spots! For those who remember this is the same area we have been the past few games.

Last edited:
FOR ANYONE GOING TO THE GAME WHO WANTS TO MEET UP WITH PSU TAILGATERS.

Penn State Central Ohio Alumni Association added an event.

Nittanyville, OH comes to the area outside the Fawcett Center (2400 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43210) for an all-day game day tailgate! 6:45am to 2:00pm

Join us or set up next to us in the parking area nearest the Fawcett Center. Let's show the Buckeyes just how loud the Blue and White Lions roar!

We'll meet at 6:45am in the Kroger parking lot on 2913 Olentangy River Rd to caravan in and get good parking spots! For those who remember this is the same area we have been the past few games.
It's a lot cheaper than the official one too!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT