Lower-Income Americans Are Starting to Cut Back Restaurant Spending

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Meaning low skilled jobs are going to go out the window. Thanks JOE BIDEN.... Dolt-in-Chief....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...g-to-cut-back-restaurant-spending/ar-AA1028VL

Both chains reported seeing behavior changes among less-affluent customers. Chipotle singled out diners who earn less than $50,000 a year as eating out less, which it said make up less than 40% of its base of diners.

“We’re definitely seeing a slowdown in their purchase frequency,” Chief Executive Officer Brian Niccol said in an interview after the burrito chain reported sales Tuesday. “You’ve got higher gas prices. Everything is more expensive.”

McDonald’s said its lower-income customers are shifting to less-expensive menu items and skipping combo meals that include fries and a drink.

With inflation at the highest level in decades, there’s mounting evidence that low-income consumers are pulling back even as wealthier groups continue to spend. A recent Morning Consult survey shows that over half of US adults changed their eating and drinking habits as a result of inflation.

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Meaning low skilled jobs are going to go out the window. Thanks JOE BIDEN.... Dolt-in-Chief....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...g-to-cut-back-restaurant-spending/ar-AA1028VL

Both chains reported seeing behavior changes among less-affluent customers. Chipotle singled out diners who earn less than $50,000 a year as eating out less, which it said make up less than 40% of its base of diners.

“We’re definitely seeing a slowdown in their purchase frequency,” Chief Executive Officer Brian Niccol said in an interview after the burrito chain reported sales Tuesday. “You’ve got higher gas prices. Everything is more expensive.”

McDonald’s said its lower-income customers are shifting to less-expensive menu items and skipping combo meals that include fries and a drink.

With inflation at the highest level in decades, there’s mounting evidence that low-income consumers are pulling back even as wealthier groups continue to spend. A recent Morning Consult survey shows that over half of US adults changed their eating and drinking habits as a result of inflation.
Solutions?

maypole

May 9, 2022
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH..... lol.....

Go rant on @NJPSU . He actually uses coupons at Popeye's.....
Good for him. Popeyes is the only half-decent fast food. I take you for a Chick Filet Nazi and a My Pillow kind of jackass.

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
So much damage done in such a short period of time. If anyone out there is listening, we are calling for a hero to Make America Great Again.

Reactions: bison13

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Really ? We have a back to bank compare and contrast we can check out. Dummy.
WTF are you talking about? I didn't ask for comparisons. I asked Knox for solutions. Of which the Republican party has none.

Last edited:

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
If I tried that in a debate, I'd win. The difference is stark between what is happening now and what was happening in 2019.
The "difference" is not a solution. Better yet than a debate or a college class, how about if your boss asked for a solution? With a typical Republican response like you guys so often give, you could be fired on the spot.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
The "difference" is not a solution. Better yet than a debate or a college class, how about if your boss asked for a solution? With a typical Republican response like you guys so often give, you could be fired on the spot.

The difference reflects the result of policy.

Soft on crime / hard on crime
Legal immigration / illegal immigration
boys competing with girls / girls competing with girls
Teaching math and science / teaching tuck and tape
Energy dependence / energy independence
Reasonable regulations / Ideological regulations
Fiscal restraint / fiscal stupidity.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Wut?!! When they can eat gourmet cuisine on the cheap at their local Olive Garden? (And maybe get a hummer behind the parking lot dumpster?)

Last edited:

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
The difference reflects the result of policy.

Soft on crime / hard on crime (R's won't spend what the FBI and DEA need)
Legal immigration / illegal immigration (2013 Immigration bill should have passed, blocked by R's)
boys competing with girls / girls competing with girls (this has nothing to do with the economy)
Teaching math and science / teaching tuck and tape (we are teaching math and science)
Energy dependence / energy independence (We're not Saudi Arabia)
Reasonable regulations / Ideological regulations (let's hear some ???)
Fiscal restraint / fiscal stupidity. (I know you prefer high unemployment as long as you're ok)

Reactions: 2lion70 and maypole

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
If I tried that in a debate, I'd win. The difference is stark between what is happening now and what was happening in 2019.
Even Bill Mahre thinks Trump would beat Biden. I don't believe folks here know just how bad the Dems look in the real world. It's easy to bs on a message board. The vast majority of Americans are hurting and this dumbass wants to raise taxes during a recession. FYI, Obama said it was the worst thing you could do in a recession.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Even Bill Mahre thinks Trump would beat Biden. I don't believe folks here know just how bad the Dems look in the real world. It's easy to bs on a message board. The vast majority of Americans are hurting and this dumbass wants to raise taxes during a recession. FYI, Obama said it was the worst thing you could do in a recession.

Add that to the lefts compulsion to teach elementary school children how to tuck and tape and white kids are racist.... Out of touch. Forcing people to say "Black Lives Matter" or they will harass you.....

Then you have lefties defending a cross dressing man who raped a woman in a girls bathroom. Criminals are now emboldened because the left is excusing criminal acts due to some sort of convoluted concept of "fairness."

Totally f'd up. Clowns like @LafayetteBear used to be rational. Now he's fully on board with it all.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
He’s just dumb Knox. I know you’re playing with your food here but he’s out there. Pathetically dumb and not wrapped very tight.

He's a pleasant fella most of the time though. Can't say that about some of the other lefties here.