ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lauer fired by NBC

These allegations must have been really serious if NBC cut ties with their Golden Boy so quickly without any debate. i think we are about to learn a lot more about Matt Lauer. Arrogant prick........

Innocent until proven guilty, and I'm curious to see if any actual facts come out.

That said, Lauer is a well known prick & Grade A douche.

I would like to think that NBC had cause to fire lauer, but many posts here read like what folks were saying about Joe in November 2011 (and that many still say about him today). Hopefully the details about lauer will be made known soon.

Reactions: Cosmos
I would like to think that NBC had cause to fire lauer, but many posts here read like what folks were saying about Joe in November 2011 (and that many still say about him today). Hopefully the details about lauer will be made known soon.

And there will be another shoe dropping in many of these cases. When allegations are so severe to result in instant firing of top level people, and apparently for actions that have gone on for years/decades ...

The next round of witch hunts will be Who knew? Who Should have known?

The producer(s) of the Today show & the President of NBC News/NBC have got to know they'll be next.

Yet Mike Tirico is gainfully employed.............by NBC.

That was similar to my first thought as well.... if ESPN cleans house based on similar accusations, they could save themselves the layoff purge severance costs coming in Dec. Those accusations have been known - to whatever degree of accuracy they may hold - for a number of years. Some have been fired over this over the years, but seemingly not nearly all the people who have behaved this way. Let 'er rip, ESPN! (and not referring to the usual fartage coming from the mouths of so many on air).

And please let Desmond, among a few others, be caught up in that!

Overall, this is a good thing (but I'm more of a due process guy.... so the usual process is somewhat extensive, and termination is generally not the first action post-accusation, unless it's an egregious act). Boundaries and respect for each other need to be held to high standards in the workplace, as well as in everyday life. The rules work the same for both men and women, executives and staff. Cannot be a true 'equal opportunity employer' otherwise, imo. The example and tone needs to be clear from the top down.

And there will be another shoe dropping in many of these cases. When allegations are so severe to result in instant firing of top level people, and apparently for actions that have gone on for years/decades ...

The next round of witch hunts will be Who knew? Who Should have known?

The producer(s) of the Today show & the President of NBC News/NBC have got to know they'll be next.

What is funny is that two of these guys, Lauer and Rose, hammered Joe Paterno in 2011 & 12. At the end of the day, not only was Joe NOT a perp, he reported the perp as he should have under PSU and NCAA guidelines.

tenor.gif

Don't have the exact wording I saw in front of me but the head of NBC said in the statement that they had reason to believe this was not an isolated case regarding Lauer. Basically saying they know about other cases and are vetting them or have been told second hand and are waiting for others to come forward. This guy by all rights sounds like a complete scum ball and doesn't he have a beautiful model wife? SMH...

Reactions: 91Joe95
What is funny is that two of these guys, Lauer and Rose, hammered Joe Paterno in 2011 & 12. At the end of the day, not only was Joe NOT a perp, he reported the perp as he should have under PSU and NCAA guidelines.

tenor.gif

Because when they were making people look at Joe, no one was looking at them.

Don't have the exact wording I saw in front of me but the head of NBC said in the statement that they had reason to believe this was not an isolated case regarding Lauer. Basically saying they know about other cases and are vetting them or have been told second hand and are waiting for others to come forward. This guy by all rights sounds like a complete scum ball and doesn't he have a beautiful model wife? SMH...
well, the real reason is because the NYT was investigating him and they needed to get out in front of it before the NYT published it.

Reactions: razpsu and bwifan
Hmmmmm.....where is Clay Travis in all of this? Considering the volume at which Rose and Lauer screamed, and looking at Travis and his volume on the Sandusky debacle....one has to wonder if he is of the same ilk as those he is screaming about - regardless of the real reason he is screaming about them.

As Shakespeare said "Me thinks thou dost protest too much".

I'm not a fan of the guy by any means but it is troubling that everyone accused of anything is assumed to be guilty

They know or they knew and did nothing.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “f—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/matt-lauer-accused-sexual-harassment-multiple-women-1202625959/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT