ADVERTISEMENT

"Maybe Saquon's not good at kickoff returns"

I think it's an either/or choice.
I do feel his returning kickoffs affects his play at RB over the course of the game.
He understandingly looked a little tired and slow at Iowa in the second half. I feel some of his runs could have gone for much longer if he were more himself, and as such, would have prevented a last play win.
Even for all their entertainment value, consistent 8 yard runs only matter if scoring drives can be put together.

I think it's an either/or choice.
I do feel his returning kickoffs affects his play at RB over the course of the game.
He understandingly looked a little tired and slow at Iowa in the second half. I feel some of his runs could have gone for much longer if he were more himself, and as such, would have prevented a last play win.
Even for all their entertainment value, consistent 8 yard runs only matter if scoring drives can be put together.

Against Iowa, he had 3 returns for 53 yards. I don't think those 3 returns affected him at all. If he looked a little tired and slow in the 2nd half (BTW, if his performance in the 2nd half against Iowa was him being tired and slow, I hope Franklin keeps him up all night and makes him walk to the games) it was due to his touching the ball 40+ times from scrimmage.

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT