ADVERTISEMENT

McDonalds Bacon & Cheese Fries. 1st impression.

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
I seldom eat at McDonalds, but they sucked me in with the ads for their new Loaded Bacon & Cheese Fries. I like their regular fries, and I love bacon so I figured I'd give em' a try. The cost was $4.27 with tax.
The verdict? Just OK. The bacon/cheese sauce, using applewood bacon, was too sweet for my taste, and coating the fries with the sauce just made them soggy. The serving size was generous enough, but I could only eat half before feeling a bit yucky. Make that a lot yucky. Like most fast food, this is a matter of personal taste. I'm sure many will love em', but for me, I would not buy them again.

I seldom eat at McDonalds, but they sucked me in with the ads for their new Loaded Bacon & Cheese Fries. I like their regular fries, and I love bacon so I figured I'd give em' a try. The cost was $4.27 with tax.
The verdict? Just OK. The bacon/cheese sauce, using applewood bacon, was too sweet for my taste, and coating the fries with the sauce just made them soggy. The serving size was generous enough, but I could only eat half before feeling a bit yucky. Make that a lot yucky. Like most fast food, this is a matter of personal taste. I'm sure many will love em', but for me, I would not buy them again.
As Chiun would say, "Fast food only speeds you on the way to the grave".

Go to 1:52 in the video:

I remember when they first started selling them with cheese and it came in a packet similar to salad dressing. Appearance alone was a turn off. It just seems like they don't really get it with some of their creations.

We have Gilroy Garlic Fries at our McDonald's here in the SF Bay Area, very good. Believe it started last year.

Haven't seen the bacon cheese fries yet besides at Wendy's.

Reactions: fairgambit
We have Gilroy Garlic Fries at our McDonald's here in the SF Bay Area, very good. Believe it started last year.

Haven't seen the bacon cheese fries yet besides at Wendy's.

Right now they are being tested in 4 areas. Pittsburgh, Central West Virginia, Southeast Ohio, and Eastern Kentucky. Commercials are running here in Pittsburgh frequently. McDonald's apparently realizes that Pittsburgers have a finely tuned sense of taste and if it sells here, it will sell nationwide.;)

Reactions: psualt
Right now they are being tested in 4 areas. Pittsburgh, Central West Virginia, Southeast Ohio, and Eastern Kentucky. Commercials are running here in Pittsburgh frequently. McDonald's apparently realizes that Pittsburgers have a finely tuned sense of taste and if it sells here, it will sell nationwide.;)

If you put it between two piece of bread, you would have a new Primanti's sandwich.

For awhile and probably still now, fattest states outside of Mississippi, were WV,KY and PA. Mickey D's did their research.

Reactions: psuken
All due respect Gambit - and you know I respect your opinions on many board topics - but after a thread about such delicacies as haluska (mmmmmm!!!), I just guess I would expect more than a McReview. Kind of like going straight from an all-expense paid 2 week vacation on a tropical island of your choice to paying for a long weekend in Branson, Missouri.

Sounds like "McHeartAttack".

The fries alone are likely the biggest problem, assuming they have eliminated trans fats in their cooking.

The best part of that serving is likely the bacon, if you want to avoid heart attacks.

All due respect Gambit - and you know I respect your opinions on many board topics - but after a thread about such delicacies as haluska (mmmmmm!!!), I just guess I would expect more than a McReview. Kind of like going straight from an all-expense paid 2 week vacation on a tropical island of your choice to paying for a long weekend in Branson, Missouri.
Ah yes. I'm not a McDonalds guy, but today I was in a hurry, and there were those ads with bacon..... Thank God bacon is not illegal or I would be in prison.

The biggest fast food atrocity in the history of mankind.....

images

Reactions: boddyebsen
"I've been able to survive on McDonald's still to this day. Nothing has changed about my eating habits. They say breakfast of champions, lunch, and dinner of champions. My pre-game meal. Don't let them tell you that McDonald's is bad for you. Eat what you wanna eat and you work out the way you're supposed to. It's not gonna bother you." - Ocho

The biggest fast food atrocity in the history of mankind.....

images

Except for the sugary sauce and the bun, it may be fairly healthy.

Assuming no trans fats and no vegetable oils.

Update: Bummer - The pork "rib" portion has dextrose as the third ingredient (not including water.) Not so good.

Last edited:
The company that I worked for actually manufactured the "Forging Press" that pressed the pork "leftovers" into a rack of rib shaped delicacy. We were sooooo proud!! ;) BWWWWAAAAAAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You could ask them to cut out the dextrose and HF corn syrup to help some people.

The 25 grams of protein isn't too bad, if a person is careful with their remaining daily food items.

You could ask them to cut out the dextrose and HF corn syrup to help some people.

The 25 grams of protein isn't too bad, if a person is careful with their remaining daily food items.
The fuc#ing machine ran on mineral oil, not dextrose. We had nothing to do with the ingredients of the piece of $hit sandwich. Thanks for the lecture, however.

The fuc#ing machine ran on mineral oil, not dextrose. We had nothing to do with the ingredients of the piece of $hit sandwich. Thanks for the lecture, however.

Lots of bad food info circulating for decades.

You're quite welcome. ;)

Wasn't fast food created by leftists to make Americans too fat to fight the Commies?

Generally speaking..,

It was Senator (D) George McGovern's committee that buried the hundreds of $$ millions in research, that told them they were nuts, when they created the US Food Guidelines that told the American public to eat tons of carbohydrates.

Leftist Activists and Media viciously attacked corporations and Fast Food firms like Kentucky Fried. Incredibly and Fatally, the anti-Science zealot activists and media demanded that Fast Food and other food companies drop the use of very safe, healthy fats and instead, use Deadly Trans Fats.

These were massive deadly healthcare disasters, by feel good activists. They ignored the science research and forced massive amounts of terrible human diseases onto the American public,

Together they may be linked to more deadly diseases and early, unnecessary loss of life than any groups in US history.

Last edited:
Good stuff, pretty funny responses. On serious note, Tried the Bacon and Cheese fries on way to concert at Beaver Stadium last Saturday. As my business is supplying restaurant food, I always like to know what's trending. Good idea, bad product. I too could only eat half until I threw out. I love a good cheese fry, but the cheddar cheese sauce they picked absolutely sucks, one of the worst I've ever tried, and there's some pretty bad ones out there. So the dish basically tastes like their fries smothered in a big glob of imitation nothing, cheese paste. Yuk .

Generally speaking..,

It was Senator (D) George McGovern's committee that buried the hundreds of $$ millions in research, that told them they were nuts, when they created the US Food Guidelines that told the American public to eat tons of carbohydrates.

Leftist Activists and Media viciously attacked corporations and Fast Food firms like Kentucky Fried. Incredibly and Fatally, the anti-Science zealot activists and media demanded that Fast Food and other food companies drop the use of very safe, healthy fats and instead, use Deadly Trans Fats.

These were massive deadly healthcare disasters, by feel good activists. They ignored the science research and forced massive amounts of terrible human diseases onto the American public,

Together they may be linked to more deadly diseases and early, unnecessary loss of life than any groups in US history.

I knew it had to be those commie loving leftists. Did you see the leftists broke a huge chunk
of ice off of Antarctica just to further their Anti-American clean air agenda. They will do anything to put coal miners out of work. Oh the horror.

I knew it had to be those commie loving leftists. Did you see the leftists broke a huge chunk
of ice off of Antarctica just to further their Anti-American clean air agenda. They will do anything to put coal miners out of work. Oh the horror.

Fat and stupid !

Reactions: boddyebsen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT