ADVERTISEMENT

McGovern, Menet make the switch

Aug 31, 2005
State College
bwi.rivals.com
Working on putting the story together for you guys, but just wanted to put this out there so it's there for you to talk about in the meantime.

McGovern to guard, Menet to center.

McGovern: "Yeah. I think so. I'm very comfortable there. I played it my true freshman year, slid over last year to center. Sliding back, it's going to be a nice transition."

Menet: "Honestly, I'm going to do whatever I gotta do to help this offensive line unit and the team succeed. If that's center, guard, wherever, I'm happy to do it. So I'm just working every day. Just honing all those skills. I snapped a lot this entire summer so I was ready for whichever role I fall into here, but I'm excited to see where we go."

Limegrover: "I want (Menet) to get as comfortable as he can at center. And really what's going to happen is, as we get closer to starting to decide what's going to happen with App State, I think one of the big things will be is, if it's not working the way I want, because I know what we have in Conor at center, and I have a pretty good idea after going through the spring of what Michal can do at guard. If I don't feel like that overall production there is better than what we had, I know it's a really seamless switch to switch those two back. And as I said to somebody else, we switch that thing back, the only one that may even know we switched it is Trace because that snap might be a little bit different. No one is really going to notice, so I like that kind of experiment. It's not like if it doesn't work the whole thing has imploded and we gotta start from scratch. It's really a pretty minor thing, but I really believe in the long run if those guys get comfortable and settle in, that that will just raise the ability for our production to be even higher."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News