ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Miami transfer big man Favour Aire commits to Penn State

Sounds like excellent news. Coach has pretty much built a roster from a starting point of three players remaining from the previous team. Anyone want to guess a starting lineup?

Returning:
Transferring in:
Freshman Recruit
  • G Bragi Gudmundssun (Iceland)
Favour Aire Report

Last edited:
Great, that was the remaining big area of depth needed. Sure, another forecourt player with the last schollie would be nice, but overall this has the makings of a real team.

No real expectations of big success next year, but I think they'll be at least competitive and who knows they might surprise...

pronounced On-Err-Seh-DAY-Bah FAY-Vurr EYE-Ray

from Miami's website:
High School: Graduated from Bishop McNamara High School … Consensus four-star prospect … Ranked as the third-best recruit in Maryland by Rivals and fourth-best by both 247Sports and ESPN … Slotted at No. 61 nationally, including No. 11 among centers, by Rivals … Finished No. 112 in the 247Sports Composite rankings, good for No. 19 at his position … McDonald’s All-American Game nominee … Named to The Washington Post First Team All-Met as a senior … Averaged 16.0 points per game and amassed 24 double-doubles … Grabbed 231 total rebounds to lead the elite WCAC, notching 51 more than the second-place finisher … Served as a team captain and led McNamara to the WCAC title game … WaPo Honorable Mention All-Met as a sophomore … Played for New World Basketball on the AAU circuit … Member of the honor roll … Marcus Thornton, the 2015 CAA Player of the Year at William & Mary, and former NFL wide receiver Brandon Coleman also graduated from McNamara.

Reactions: Obliviax
Appears to have a lot of potential but needs some serious training table and weight room work at 6'11" 215 lbs. That's extremely thin at that height.
Agree but the video of him looks like he is much heavier than that. He looks like a pretty darn good athlete with a good build (but could be better).

Sounds like excellent news. Coach has pretty much built a roster from a starting point of three players remaining from the previous team. Anyone want to guess a starting lineup?

Returning:
Transferring in:
Freshman Recruit
  • G Bragi Gudmundssun (Iceland)
Favour Aire Report
I'd say right now starters would be:
Center (Wahab)
PG (Baldwin)
2G(Nick Kern or Mitchell)
SF (Zach Hicks)
PF (Puff Johnson)

1st off th bench (Cleary), 2nd Jameel Brown), 3rd (O'Boyle). Of course situational bball could alter their order.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
This team potentially could be better that last years team if they can gel before January.
While I like what coach Rhoades has done to replenish the roster, we’re going to be hard pressed to replace what Pickett, Lundy and Funk accomplished on the offensive side of the ball…..we’ll see.

pronounced On-Err-Seh-DAY-Bah FAY-Vurr EYE-Ray

from Miami's website:
High School: Graduated from Bishop McNamara High School … Consensus four-star prospect … Ranked as the third-best recruit in Maryland by Rivals and fourth-best by both 247Sports and ESPN … Slotted at No. 61 nationally, including No. 11 among centers, by Rivals … Finished No. 112 in the 247Sports Composite rankings, good for No. 19 at his position … McDonald’s All-American Game nominee … Named to The Washington Post First Team All-Met as a senior … Averaged 16.0 points per game and amassed 24 double-doubles … Grabbed 231 total rebounds to lead the elite WCAC, notching 51 more than the second-place finisher … Served as a team captain and led McNamara to the WCAC title game … WaPo Honorable Mention All-Met as a sophomore … Played for New World Basketball on the AAU circuit … Member of the honor roll … Marcus Thornton, the 2015 CAA Player of the Year at William & Mary, and former NFL wide receiver Brandon Coleman also graduated from McNamara.
Sounds like pig-latin to me.

Baldwin, Mitchell and Harris as the main back court/wings. johnson and Wahab frontcourt. I would say Clary when they go full court and small, O Boyle when they go small but not full court.

Baldwin, Mitchell and Harris as the main back court/wings. johnson and Wahab frontcourt. I would say Clary when they go full court and small, O Boyle when they go small but not full court.
The reason I had Kern or Mitchell @ 2G is because Kern would have an advantage early on having played for Rhoades and knows his system. I like the options with this roster build. Additionally with the other big coming in (though his stats aren't great), he has some playing experience and this gives the staff a little more time to bring Damian Lilley along slower. Hoping Lilley will be able to contribute valuable minutes when the B1G season begins.

The reason I had Kern or Mitchell @ 2G is because Kern would have an advantage early on having played for Rhoades and knows his system. I like the options with this roster build. Additionally with the other big coming in (though his stats aren't great), he has some playing experience and this gives the staff a little more time to bring Damian Lilley along slower. Hoping Lilley will be able to contribute valuable minutes when the B1G season begins.
Overall, I think Kern will be the sixth man because he can play the two, three or four. I mentioned the other two as situational guys when the team goes smaller with puff at the five.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Lilley looked slow getting up and down the court the few times I saw him last year. He sort of reminds me of Joe Hampton. I hope he stays committed and puts in the work because he has good size.

Reactions: RickinDayton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT