ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan’s slap on the wrist…

creamery

Jul 28, 2009
Anyone know what the actual penalties were? I’m having a hard time reading the tea leaves on the NCAA website.

Was hoping for a reduction in scholarships and bowl ban. I’m actually surprised the NCAA didn’t apologize to them for accusing them of cheating in the first place…

Anyone know what the actual penalties were? I’m having a hard time reading the tea leaves on the NCAA website.

Was hoping for a reduction in scholarships and bowl ban. I’m actually surprised the NCAA didn’t apologize to them for accusing them of cheating in the first place…
I’m not sure what the actual penalties are, but this is not related to the cheating scandal. This is in regards to the recruiting infractions during the Covid period. The sign stealing scandal is a completely separate and unresolved matter.

Yep, and at the rate at which the NCAA moves on these matters by the time penalties are handed out, none of the perps will be around.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
That offensive coordinator is going to pay a price for the things Harbaugh did, that's for certain. The NCAA will make sure to slap him hard on the wrists, before bringing the death penalty to the Central Michigan Chippewa football program 😂.
It was really strange how Michigan got so good in what seemed like overnight. Now we're finding out why. Harbaugh and Michigan are slimeballs

I hope whatever punishments come down allude to the fact that Michigan gained significant competitive advantages from its cheating. Their national championship should be sullied by and viewed in the context of Michigan's cheating.

Meanwhile, so far things are not going great for Michigan. "
In the 82 days since Moore was tasked with replacing Harbaugh, no high school player has delivered a verbal commitment to the Wolverines. As a result, they have plummeted to No. 55 in the 247Sports Composite team rankings, where they sit below 16 other Big Ten members.

Michigan’s inability to harness any recruiting momentum from its national championship has been the most perplexing development during this awkward transition phase. It’s caused outsiders to wonder whether the program is starting to suffer the negative consequences of a season where their record remained unblemished, but the program’s carefully cultivated image was warped by a prolonged firestorm of wild accusations and recriminations." https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...good-very-bad-offseason-continues/ar-BB1lOiKI

I hope whatever punishments come down allude to the fact that Michigan gained significant competitive advantages from its cheating. Their national championship should be sullied by and viewed in the context of Michigan's cheating.

Meanwhile, so far things are not going great for Michigan. "
In the 82 days since Moore was tasked with replacing Harbaugh, no high school player has delivered a verbal commitment to the Wolverines. As a result, they have plummeted to No. 55 in the 247Sports Composite team rankings, where they sit below 16 other Big Ten members.

Michigan’s inability to harness any recruiting momentum from its national championship has been the most perplexing development during this awkward transition phase. It’s caused outsiders to wonder whether the program is starting to suffer the negative consequences of a season where their record remained unblemished, but the program’s carefully cultivated image was warped by a prolonged firestorm of wild accusations and recriminations." https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...good-very-bad-offseason-continues/ar-BB1lOiKI
It is heartening to see Michigan football falling on a bit of hard times. Also it was nice to see their hoops team have a horrible season.

In response to your first paragraph, it should be noted that Michigan was able to run the table after the cheating scandal was exposed. They successfully navigated through the most difficult part of their schedule including wins over Penn State, Ohio State. Alabama and Washington. Not defending them at all but just stating the objective facts.

Reactions: bison13
It is heartening to see Michigan football falling on a bit of hard times. Also it was nice to see their hoops team have a horrible season.

In response to your first paragraph, it should be noted that Michigan was able to run the table after the cheating scandal was exposed. They successfully navigated through the most difficult part of their schedule including wins over Penn State, Ohio State. Alabama and Washington. Not defending them at all but just stating the objective facts.
I agree they had a good team at the end of the year and had good wins. However, if they hadn't cheated earlier I don't think they would have been able to recruit through the portal the way they did.

On a separate matter, I would add that they are the most classless winners in the world.

I agree they had a good team at the end of the year and had good wins. However, if they hadn't cheated earlier I don't think they would have been able to recruit through the portal the way they did.

On a separate matter, I would add that they are the most classless winners in the world.
If there is any doubt, just watch the Michigan Spring game. I had to turn it off. Couldn't stomach Woodson anymore.

I can watch and stomach just about any program with the exception of Michigan and Notre Dame. Both have their noses up in the air and basically think their better than everyone else. I root against both in all of their games

If there is any doubt, just watch the Michigan Spring game. I had to turn it off. Couldn't stomach Woodson anymore.

I can watch and stomach just about any program with the exception of Michigan and Notre Dame. Both have their noses up in the air and basically think their better than everyone else. I root against both in all of their games
Pretty sure there way more programs than 2 that have that attitude. ND being an Independent annoys me but hell most here think we're better than everyone because we do things the right way.

Pretty sure there way more programs than 2 that have that attitude. ND being an Independent annoys me but hell most here think we're better than everyone because we do things the right way.
No school - TODAY - does things 100% the right way including my Northwestern......don't think I need to go into that. Any fan base that professes that is delusional. You can travel around the different programs nationally and almost everyone has had some kind of illegal-ethical issue over the last 10 to 15 years

Last edited:
No school - TODAY - does things 100% the right way including my Northwestern......don't think I need to go into that. Any fan base that professes that is delusional. You can travel around the different programs nationally and almost everyone has had some kind of illegal-ethical issue over the last 10 to 15 years
Agreed but many here wouldn't.

Our football team are privileged athletes with some being student ahletes but most majoring in football just like the other top programs. We don't break rules but I'm sure do everything possible to keep the football players academically eligible.
I'm not convinced we don't break rules. I'd wager all programs do considering how many dumb rules exist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT