ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Cheaters not only broke the scouting rules but lied to the Big Ten about not having any evidence

dailybuck777

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2018
The institutional dishonesty and arrogance of Michigan is amazing. Michigan in its response to the Big Ten stated: "
that it “has not yet had an opportunity to review almost any of the evidence” and that
“[f]rom what we can tell, your [notice] largely relies on rumor.” Univ. Resp. at 1, 7." At the time, Michigan had been provided with

" evidence provided to the Conference by the NCAA on November 9 that the University
had been provided the Master Spreadsheet, numerous other corroborating documents,
photographs, and videos,
and significant interview recordings, all of which confirm the existence
of the impermissible scheme. This includes, as early as October 31 and November 1, at least
three University officials attending NCAA interviews during which details of the impermissible
scheme were revealed. " https://bigten.org/documents/2023/1..._to_institution_dated_Nov_10_2023.pdf?id=9450

I would also note that the Big Ten's restrictions against Harbaugh are designed as a penalty against the University itself, not as a personal penalty against Harbaugh. Further, the Big Ten cites safety concerns to justify its action:

"numerous coaches and athletic directors from other member institutions expressed concerns to
me about the increased risks of injury to student-athletes resulting from the scheme
. I have a
responsibility to give serious consideration to those concerns. "

Last edited:
Reactions: dswartz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT