ADVERTISEMENT

My FSU buddy is telling me Franklin's name keeps coming up at FSU

I would think considering aTm was willing to pony up 75 million for a coach that if they didn’t get Jimbo that Franklin may have been the next targeted. As for FSU the rumor mill has been that they would like an African American coach and Taggart is primary target.

I would think considering aTm was willing to pony up 75 million for a coach that if they didn’t get Jimbo that Franklin may have been the next targeted. As for FSU the rumor mill has been that they would like an African American coach and Taggart is primary target.
Taggart is staying at Oregon. It only makes sense that Franklin's name comes up. Doesn't mean he is going anywhere. As FSU AD said, a good coach's name is going to come up every year.

When I was in college, Cheryl Tiegs name kept coming up. But for obvious reasons I never even met her. FSU and Franklin will have the same relationship. For some of the same reasons.

Reactions: jimarnp
When you win 10 games and go to NY6 bowls every year, you're going to garner lots of attention from less successful programs.

Reactions: JoeFi
Luckily for us.....He is a Pennsylvania native and from all accounts this is home for him and he is not really interested in anything else. He is paid very well and the job security at PSU is better than anywhere else in college sports.

For all the pitt fans talking up Narduzzi as this great defensive coach, it’s funny how his name hasn’t been mentioned in any coaching search so far. Even at Tennessee where Oklahoma St, Purdue, Duke, and NC State coaches were interviewed and declined. ;)

Let's see if I can do this right...

"Because CPN is committed 100% to Pitt! He has too much class to break the commitment he made to us! I've been told by my sources that he and his agent have been telling all these other schools thanks but no thanks! We are building a dynasty here! H2P!!"

Reactions: psu00
For all the pitt fans talking up Narduzzi as this great defensive coach, it’s funny how his name hasn’t been mentioned in any coaching search so far. Even at Tennessee where Oklahoma St, Purdue, Duke, and NC State coaches were interviewed and declined. ;)

His name doesn't come up for the same reason Nick Saban's doesn't. Why would anyone even try when you already have the perfect job at a school that's won 134 national titles in the past decade.

It's not real.

"Is Franklin seriously interested, or is there just some level of moderate interest/flattery being exploited to create leverage with Taggart? I can’t say for sure. Having a candidate repped by someone other than Jimmy Sexton could help lower the deal to Taggart from an FSU negotiating standpoint."

It's not real.

"Is Franklin seriously interested, or is there just some level of moderate interest/flattery being exploited to create leverage with Taggart? I can’t say for sure. Having a candidate repped by someone other than Jimmy Sexton could help lower the deal to Taggart from an FSU negotiating standpoint."

Written by an ignoramus who doesn't know what the relationship between Sexton and Trace Armstrong is.

why would he take a lesser job???

Bingo. If you have ever been to Florida State, the only thing I can think of that they have over us is the weather.

In the abstract, not talking salary, if I had my choice between Penn State and FSU, it wouldn't be remotely close. I would take the Penn State job in a slam dunk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT